+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi to All

I'm Toine.

Default Hi to All

Hi All,

new on this forum and new (again) to hifi. After years of messing 'round with fully automated houses, audio etc I sold it all and am ready for a fresh start, i.e. back to analog.

All I have left are my vinyl records and a record player. I have a soft spot for tube amplifiers and quad so you probably know what I will go for

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Toine.

What is your record player, and by "quad" do you mean the former British (but now Chinese) company?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Toine.

The record player is a pro-ject carbon thingy blabla. Have to check the type but then I first have to find the box. And yes, UK quad. Loved them ever since I saw and heard them for over 40 years ago. There might be better or cheaper but the sentimental value is huge

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by _AE_ View Post
    The record player is a pro-ject carbon thingy blabla. Have to check the type but then I first have to find the box. And yes, UK quad. Loved them ever since I saw and heard them for over 40 years ago. There might be better or cheaper but the sentimental value is huge
    I know what you mean about Quad. Used to have two of the valve sets (Quad 22 + 2 x Quad II). Have used the original electrostatic speakers for over 45 years, with a variety of Quad electronics (4 tuners and 8 amplifiers) - so you could call me a bit of a Quad enthusiast.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Toine. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the chat and get to know the members, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread