+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Jas Orior Grand Ribbon/Ceramic Speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Jas Orior Grand Ribbon/Ceramic Speakers

As I've got 2 pairs of speakers here and can't make my mind up which ones to sell I'll let the market decide

These are beautiful refined speakers in bird's eye veneer with twin ribbon tweeters and the same Accuton ceramic mid/bass units as featured in such high end (and expensive) speakers as Marten and Thiel.

They are quite easy to place having down-firing flared ports. They also have a dynamic/reference setting. They have a number of other nice features like quality sockets and heavy duty outrigger feet. The main thing is they sound very refined and sublime and are relatively easily driven. Jas Audio used to demo them at shows with high end valve amps to rave reviews.

So why am I selling? I've now got some very high end speakers in my main system so these have been delegated to the second system and I only listen to them occasionally, the same reason I'm selling my Ariston TT. For occasional use I might as well keep my Dali speakers which are still a fun listen if nowhere near as refined as these.

I paid £1000 for them in a private sale a year or two ago but annoyingly they got a knock in transit and 3 bottom corners got damaged. I've actually started to repair one with "liquid wood" (last photo) but haven't done the other two yet as it stopped bothering me after a while (they still sound as good as they did!). The plan was to get some enamel paint and varnish to cover them up and make them less noticeable. They are already partly hidden by the feet anyway. The buyer may wish to leave them or I can give them the tube of liquid wood to carry on where I left off.

Therefore I'm asking £750 for socially distanced collection from near Durham. That would obviously mean no demo but you can see and (kind of) hear them through the window!

Normal Power Handling 200W
    Sensitivity 89dB
    Impedance 8 ohm
    Frequency response 29Hz - 60KHz
    Weight 61.73 lbs.
    Dimension 41.34" (H) X 11.81" (W) X 16.93" (D)

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Filterlab; 07-03-2021 at 10:52. Reason: Added in specs

I'm Lawrence.

Any interest in these? Available from Durham around Easter time.

Not fussed if I have to keep them in my second system as they are pretty stunning sounding!

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Bump
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 02-06-2021 at 23:15.

I'm Lawrence.

Available for collection for the next couple of days if anyone is interested. These really are good speakers that can compete with serious high end ones. If it wasn't for my room limitations I'd be keeping them. In fact I might rearrange things to incorporate my granite slabs.

I'm Lawrence.

Duplicate

I'm Lawrence.

Now sold (or swapped technically )

+ Reply to Thread