+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exposure XX

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Look at these babies, way up North though!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monitor-A...L&LH_Auction=1
    Very nice, don't often come with the stands. They would have been north of 400 quid late 80s. Shame about the collection only thing. I would be tempted for my 2nd set up, but after all I've spent this month she'd kill me
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ian.

What about Celef - precursors of Proac. There's a few on ebay including these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Celef-Spe...cAAOSwQgxfGFVu

My brother had an XX back in the day and he used Heybrooks, I think they were HB1's. Sounded very good.

I'm Mike.

Using the Exposure XX with my Chario Syntar 100 mini mini floorstanders at the mo, sounded crap when first turned on, but after 30 mins its sounding quite nice, warmish sound with pleasing bass, and unlike the 2 valve amps I've been using doesn't give up when pushed hard (when I say hard I mean significantly loud). Would like to try this with other speakers though, the Syntars have such small cones!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12