+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Year and New Home in 2021

I'm Adrian.

Default New Year and New Home in 2021

So after nearly 6 months and several false starts we are moving next week to our new home, a bungalow from the 70's era, it is only just over a mile away. It sits up a nice quiet lane in a lovely village on the edge of the 70's estate, it has quite a large level plot about 90' by 100'. We are quite surprised to be moving next week as the original owner sadly passed away in early October and thus had to go to probate and were told at 4-5 months. Out of the blue before Christmas we were advised probate had been granted and all was in place and to set a date, also to our surprise our purchaser had already gone ahead and sold his home and was waiting for us, making it easy to move.

The bungalow has been empty 18 months but is liveable, it needs the central heating replacing, a new kitchen and bathroom and decor throughout. We are going to knock out a couple of walls to make a kitchen/diner and go from a L shaped lounge to a 22' by 11' rectangular connected to the dining area by dual pocket doors. We have spent the past 4 months getting a builder, electrician and plumber on board, and it seems they are all keen to get going in February, the only hold up may be delivery times of some replacement windows and a bi-fold door for the kitchen/diner. I will be taking the opportunity to run a discreet mains feed for the hifi and un-switched new wall sockets.

So 2021 will be an interesting year for Sue and me, hopefully when all done we will have a lovely home we can be happy in, till we are forced to move on. Sue has been off work for the past 2 weeks and has been slowly packing up and I have done what I can to help. As we are pretty organised and do not hoard much it is pretty much in hand, there are a few things left, mainly my precious hifi system which I will carefully box up next weekend. I will move it myself in the car apart from the speakers, for which I have the substantial original boxes for and the heavy hifi stand, carefully wrapped in bubble wrap.

This will mean that musical entertainment will be somewhat limited to the Yamaha Sound bar and Sub from Volumio - RPi/HifiBerry and the Schiit MAGNI 3 Heresy amp to KLH Headphones for discreet listening, I will either be streaming from Qobuz/TIDAL or listening to files from my NAS. The hifi will remain packed up until all the nasty dusty work has been done and the lounge is sorted, I hope this will be by the summer, by then it will be time to be sorting the garden out a little at a time, but this is really Sue;s domain, so music may take a back seat for a while.

I will be looking in on AoS as often as I can and for a break from the building work, and will keep up with the Album club, which I enjoy. I will keep you posted on progress or lack of it as it goes along.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, and I certainly hope it is much improved over 2020 for us all.

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Good luck with the move Adrian - hope it all goes smoothly.

One piece of advice, have a corkscrew/bottle opener handy so you can celebrate!
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Good luck with the move Adrian - hope it all goes smoothly.

One piece of advice, have a corkscrew/bottle opener handy so you can celebrate!
    Thanks Barry, Sue has the Champagne in a cool box with glasses waiting.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Brian.

Good luck Adrian . I hope you'll both be very happy in your new home . Oh...and a' the best for 2021 . Let's hope it's a much better year for us all
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Andrew.

Good luck Adrian, A NEW LISTENING ROOM FOR YOU !!??!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Good luck Adrian . I hope you'll both be very happy in your new home . Oh...and a' the best for 2021 . Let's hope it's a much better year for us all
    same from me
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Lots of pics please Adrian, love house renovating projects.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Steve.

Good luck with the move Adrian, it sounds like you have it all in hand

You're right about possible delays with windows and doors - for my customers it currently stands at about 2 months and I imagine it's the same everywhere. Problem is supply of materials I believe. One bit of advice: go for aluminium bi-folds, which look cooler and are more temperature stable with regards expansion/contraction. Upvc bi-folds are a nightmare, you never stop having to adjust them

Welcome to the Bungalow Club! No climbing stairs at bedtime, love it
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Good luck Adrian, A NEW LISTENING ROOM FOR YOU !!??!!
    Hi Andrew, I have my eye on converting half the large double garage as my interest in silly cars has dissipated somewhat, the MX5 can sit in the other half and the daily basher on the drive. But that will be a project in a year or two maybe.

Best wishes

Adrian

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    same from me

Thanks Grant, keep safe and Happy New Year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast