+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Class A amps ?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    You could arrange a system that enabled home made yoghurt gestation above it.
    Perhaps you should patent the idea? - especially now we have left the EU (who were wanting to outlaw Class A amplifiers). The Chinese could make them under licence, but then since the Chinese pay no heed to patents or copyright, you wouldn't get any money for your idea.
    Barry

I'm Andre.

Until my man cave is finished, my main amplifier in the living room is a Hitachi HMA-8500 Mk II produced in 1985. It's a traditional class AB linear power amplifier, but it's
    biased for class A about 90% of the time. It get's so hot I can't hold my hand on the top cover for very long periods of time. There has been many power amps in and out the door. But this one will never leave.
    Marantz HD-DAC1 -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analogue -> Hitachi HMA-8500 Mk II -> JBL Balboa 30

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    That’s about £360 a year in my system’s usage which is just about acceptable. Heavier than my Class D I reckon though!
    My total energy consumption is less than twice that.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    My total energy consumption is less than twice that.
    At the moment so is mine, but I expect it will become exactly twice £360 per annum.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345