+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LT3045/Battery Regulated Power Supply 5V 2A

I'm Bruce.

Default LT3045/Battery Regulated Power Supply 5V 2A

LT3045/Battery Regulated Power Supply 5V 2A, Four Parallel LT3045 and battery powered

5VDC 2A
    Output: 2.1x5.5 plug or screw terminals
    Input: battery or 6-8.4v input to screw terminals

Very clean regulated power supply, 4x LT3045 powered by a pair of Lithium 18650 batteries.

Batteries are recharged from supplied SMPS unit in about 3 hours and then should be disconnected. Red LED under front shows when charging. Turns green when charging complete.

Blue LED in back shows when turned on.

Supplied in open-ended, convertible aluminium case that I’ve sourced and fitted.

I also have the metal end pieces and fixings available for the case, and a sheet 5mm Perspex in smoke grey if one wanted to cut transparent end pieces from that.

I purchased the finished board on ebay from a guy in China who was selling to a number of audiophiles around the world who have been rather happy with the results. Nicely refined. It can be supplied by an external DC supply but sounds best from the batteries.

£40, including aluminium enclosure and recharging SMPS
    And you don’t have to wait for shipping from China or customs.

20200917_191331.jpg20200917_143030.jpg20200917_143009.jpg
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Source: Audiolab 6000CDT > Calyx 24/192 DAC
    Amplification: Pass-design B1rev2 pre-amplifier > Neurochrome Modulus 686.
    Loudspeakers: Proac Response 1SC
    Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm Bruce.

bump
    Bruce

Theories are not so much answers as questions, to be supported or undermined by experience & testing.

Cables/stands: spkr: MIT MH-750 biwire; IC: HT Truthlink; Target stands, sand-filled; Excel Cat6A 23AWG UFTP & 1attack.de Cat.7 SFTP.
    Other: Balanced AC transformer to hydra mains distr; Bass traps & Acoustic panels; Isolation: Inner tube & roller bearings; 3xZyxel ES104A switches in series w/Vreg upgrades.

I'm gerald.

Whats the life time if run on batteries please ?

I'm Bruce.

As I recall I've been listening about an hour or so a day for 3 days before I need to recharge. So that's probably 3-4 hours use and then 3 hours charging.
    Bruce

I'm Lawrence.

Doesn't the time you get depend on the current drawn? What device is it powering?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Bruce.

Good point. I generally used it on my DAC which is happy running off a laptop's USB. When powered by an LPS, the mfr recommends one rated for 1-2A. I've not measured its draw directly.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread