+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick Marantz CD85, worth saving ?

I'm Lee.

You could try Jack Wooton who is an engineer has a large collection of CD players and seems to know his stuff.
    He often sells on eBay and I bought a mint Phillips CD104 from him, he recaps them and deals with the gromet issues.

I ended up buying and sending a not so mint Philips CD303 to him for the same treatment. He did a great job. I spent ages talking to him on the phone and he was very helpful.
    A couple of weeks later he was selling a mint CD303 from his collection for the same price I paid for my one plus the service and upgrades and I was a bit gutted as I prefer my hifi to be mint.
    His user name is merlinboat on eBay. I can pm you his email address if interested.
    It’s about the music
    70s Retro Yamaha YP800TT, CA1000Mk2, CT1010

I'm Frank.

Mike P at Pinkfishmedia regularly repairs CDs:

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...rviced.250335/

I'm Richard.

The Marantz CD-85 uses the CDM1 mech - it is very unlikely a faulty laser...they go on forever. More likely the little blue axial caps visible from the underside, and/or power rail smoothing caps.

As above, excellent players, keep it alive - I’d happily fix it for you, but am in Switzerland If you choose to sell it, I’m also interested

Richard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12