+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted - decent tuner

I'm alan.

Default Wanted - decent tuner

As per title I’m looking for a decent FM tuner with presets and a bright display. I saw one advertised for free a few days ago but that was snapped up pretty quickly - maybe someone else has got one gathering dust that might well never get used again although I realise the offer might not be quite as generous. It would be to replace one that works but the display is now almost non-existent after 30 years or so. I’m located in Eastbourne just in case anyone lives nearby (but I expect it would have to be sent).

I'm Nigel.

I have a couple of decent Sony tuners that are surplus to requirements, will get the model details and send you a pm.

Just checked, they are both Sony ST SB920 QS,

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post
    I have a couple of decent Sony tuners that are surplus to requirements, will get the model details and send you a pm.
    Many thanks in advance

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylspinner View Post

Just checked, they are both Sony ST SB920 QS,
    Many thanks - I’ll be in touch tomorrow as busy this evening.

I'm Dennis.

Having recently bought an Accuphase T 106, I have an AVI S2000 Mk 1 and an S2000 Mk 2 in great condition boxed in the loft. The Mk2 has AM as well and only sounds very slightly better on FM. I'm in Seaford.

I'm Martin.

Hi Alan, I have a MF T1 here in Hove if of interest. All the best Martin

I'm alan.

Many thanks for all the offers - I was really hoping to get something for relatively little as I only want to upgrade to get a brighter display so it’s not worth spending much. Quite decent tuners on EBay seem to go for a few pounds plus postage (postage often being more expensive than the tuner itself) so that may well be my best bet but there’s no hurry. Obviously there are loads of tuners knocking around that will never be used again and will probably end up as land fill so I thought I might as well ask here first. Anyway, thanks once again to those that have replied.

I'm Geoffrey.

I have a Rotel RT 950BX in the loft - I replaced it with a T11.
    This is a very well respected tuner, and worked well with my (indoor) ST-2 aerial.

You are welcome to it for a nominal sum (£20?) + postage - I'm in Bristol.

Regards,
    Geoff

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Stevens View Post
    I have a Rotel RT 950BX in the loft - I replaced it with a T11.
    This is a very well respected tuner, and worked well with my (indoor) ST-2 aerial.

You are welcome to it for a nominal sum (£20?) + postage - I'm in Bristol.

Regards,
    Geoff
    Really nice tuner.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread