+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auralic Polaris streaming amplifier

I'm Chris.

My wife would be so pleased to see the box count go down to one from - well - many bits and bobs all over the show ... she would probably pay for it from her own personal savings!

I'm Ian.

.......and it takes an internal hard drive if you so want

I'm Ian.

I do have an internal 500mb SSD which I can include in this deal if required.

I'm Ian.

If anyone has an Innuos Zen or similar streamer with internal storage and would be interested in a part exchange please let me know. The Polaris has these features built in.

Cheers, Ian
    Last edited by ianlenco; 16-01-2021 at 11:20.

I'm Ian.

Another part exchange option. I'm looking for a good quality preamp with either built in phono stage or a DAC - if it has both even better.

I'm Ian.

I would like to thank those folks who were tempted by this but didn't pull the trigger. I've always loved the Polaris for both it's convenience and it sound quality but it was limiting my opportunities to play with my system. Today something arrived to totally change my mind about selling. Auralic has a great reputation for its dac/streaming abilities and I've been searching for something that would do the same but included an analogue line input for vinyl use. To be honest I've struggled to find anything. So I ordered an Hypex ncore power amp from Audiophonics to see if using the Polaris as a pre would give me the upgrade I wanted. Some of you nerds will know that the Polaris has a pair of Hypex UCD units rated at 180w into 4 ohms. The ncore units are supposed to be better - they are certainly more expensive and the NC252MP are rated at 250w into 4 ohms so certainly more powerful. So I switched the Polaris into pre mode and plugged it into the ncore amp. To say I'm happy with the result is an understatememt, it's just as fabulous bashing out heavy bass effortsly as it is playing delicate female vocals.

So, once again, thanks for not buying this. I now have an upgrade path for now and in the future.
    No longer for sale

I'm Grant.

the best upgrades are the unexpected ones..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ian.

So true.......

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    So true.......
    Yep they are - the Audio Detail was mine this week
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Russell.

Good call Ian, as you say Auralic have a wonderful reputation with their streamers etc.

I'm on the same hunt as you were - a decent DAC / Pre Amp that will also allow me to add my TT into my system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast