+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auralic Polaris streaming amplifier

I'm Ian.

Default Auralic Polaris streaming amplifier

For sale my Auralic Polaris streaming amplifier. Bought in April 2020 from Loud and Clear in Edinburgh, I’m the first owner. Original price of this amp was £2875 but as it is discontinued dealers sold off their stock and I took advantage of this. There are still one or two around at approximately £1900 if you want a new one or buy this one in immaculate condition.

Very well reviewed, here’s a few examples where you can get more information about this complex but simple to use amplifier.

https://darko.audio/2017/03/auralic-...t-century-boy/

https://www.the-ear.net/review-hardw...r-streamer-dac

https://www.the-ear.net/review-hardw...r-streamer-dac

https://hifipig.com/auralic-polaris-...ing-amplifier/

Basically the Polaris is a 120 watt into 8 ohms amplifier (Hypex modules) which has a built in DAC and streaming capability so you can link to Qobuz, Tidal or any other streaming service.
    Flexibility continues with two line inputs one of which can be configured as a mm phono stage, the other as line in or line out.
    If you are so inclined you can also slip a hard disc inside to play all your FLAC files without the need for external storage or you can plug in a USB hard disc.
    Two caveats;
    the mm phono stage sounds good but is a little insensitive so you have to crank up the volume a bit. Depends of course on the sensitivity of your speakers
    The control app, Lightning DS, which is very good only works on iOS so you’ll need an iPhone or iPad to control the Polaris

So if you fancy a brilliant replacement for all your boxes this is it or if you are rich then maybe this is the ideal hub for a second system.

£1400 including insured UK mainland postage. Payment via Paypal friends and family.

I'm malcolm.

Beautiful piece of kit.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm keith.

I've bought a few bits from Ian before and he's a good guy to deal with.
    Bump from me ...

I'm Ian.

Thanks guys. I should have said that I have all the original packing materials for posting but if anyone wants to collect I can knock off £30 postage costs. It is a beautiful machine and sounds fabulous but I've recently put together a second system from bits and pieces and it reminded me how much I like fiddling with hifi. For music I'd keep this no problem but for the hifi hobby there's nothing to fiddle with

I'm Ian.

4 months warranty still left on the Polaris

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Thanks guys. I should have said that I have all the original packing materials for posting but if anyone wants to collect I can knock off £30 postage costs. It is a beautiful machine and sounds fabulous but I've recently put together a second system from bits and pieces and it reminded me how much I like fiddling with hifi. For music I'd keep this no problem but for the hifi hobby there's nothing to fiddle with
    I know exactly what you mean, I'm always trying things to reduce the box count and I always go back to at least 3 in the chain, I can't believe I've actually settled on an integrated at last. GLWS

I'm Ian.

I've been using this over the weekend with both Qobuz hi res files and stored flacs on an attached USB hard disc. Both sound quite excellent in detail soundstage etc. When I'm using it I think why bother changing, it's such a compact, living room friendly device of high quality. Then that itch starts again so I am open to offers.

I'm Ian.

As no one seems interested in this superb amp streamer I've applied ointment to my itch It's really no hardship to keep this excellent machine as I doubt I'd end up with anything better sounding for my budget.

I'm Ian.

I've decided I am definitely going in a different direction so this is up for sale again.
    Price reduced to £1200. Do read the reviews!

I'm Phil.

Fab bargain..I would buy it but still enjoying the last lot of amps I bought off Ian!!! Brilliant one box solution
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast