+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does size matter?

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I agree - but it won't stop manufacturers and/or users claiming beneficial effects.

Nor will it stop some manufacturers talking absolute bollocks concerning such things as: skin effect; proximity effect; dielectric relaxation; dielectric loss; boundary interface scattering and the necessity of using 'single crystal' copper; cable directionality, etc., etc.

But if users can hear differences, and are happy to pay the often very high prices the cables can command, then so be it. It's their money and their ears.
    But . . . . isn't it sad that the falsity enables BS mongers to get rich at the expense of the deluded?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    But . . . . isn't it sad that the falsity enables BS mongers to get rich at the expense of the deluded?
    Sad if they bankrupt themselves spending on that sort of thing. But I'd guess 99.9% of people buying super-expensive cables have money to burn. So it's good for the economy and the tax revenue is handy too. Lots of VAT on a set of £10 grand interconnects.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123