+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tidy up

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    They are indeed. Reiver Acoustics Edingdales, mk1 with the Monacor 95 ribbons.

Yeah, I recovered quickly. Funny how it goes.

I haven't heard the Bel Canto DAC, but if the amp is anything to bring a rule of measure against, I'm sure it's superb.
    Ah OK. Mine look different. Plinths and no covers. Not sure if your edges are chamfered or not. Mine are mk 1 too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The bases and edges are like this. I have the covers on to keep my children's pokey fingers away from drive units, but I like the look with the covers on, although they are handsome with no covers on.

Due to the height of the hearth I have oak turning circles 'levelling' the surface for the spikes. They actually make them sound very good too. I haven't got round to finishing them properly yet. Time is not my friend.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Grant.

Mine have the black bases and spikes. No covers.

I've actually got feet to fit but there is no chance of me fitting them. Lol.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Very nice, great colour combo. Same bases by the looks of it.

I'd thought of staining mine in dark walnut, but again no time - and I quite like the oak finish.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Grant.

ive a spare driver for bass and a spare tweeter, just in case.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Definitely keep hold of that bass driver. They’re tricky to find. Colin had one luckily, other than that he found one chap in India who has a pair, but he never came back to me.

The ribbons are easy to find as Monacor still make them.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lovely set up Rob.

Your living/listening room looks huge!
    Barry

I'm Grant.

i will.. yup they will go with speakers if i ever sell.. they are stashed in a box upstairs

oh any your room looks excellent
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Thanks kindly. It’s a great room for hifi; perfect shape and layout, but just demands large, quality speakers, a sub and a decent bit of kick up the botty.

I'm Jason.

from what i can see of your living space in the picture i really like it, so homely and tidy and love the brick wall and carpet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast