+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Passive pre

I'm Josie.

Default WTD: Passive pre

Hi all.

I'm looking for a nice little passive pre to go with a Quad amp.

Maybe even an LDR or a Tisbury.

Looking at around £80-£150

Let me know if you can help.

Thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Andrew.

Hi if you are interested I have an NVA P20 which is currently doing nothing . You are more than welcome to try it out and see what you think . I would suggest it is a good passive pre but not the very best . However it is more than good enough to spotlight the passive sound and quality . After that you can either send it back to me or we can talk about a price it will be below your lowest figure anyway . Drop me a PM if you are interested .

I'm Geoff.

Which Quad amp Jo? They vary in input sensitivity.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Josie.

Thanks Andrew... I'll make a note.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Which Quad amp Jo? They vary in input sensitivity.
    Hi Geoff.

It's a 306.

The idea was to have it changed over to work with the croft, but although it adds another box, a passive might just do the trick for now.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi Geoff.

It's a 306.

The idea was to have it changed over to work with the croft, but although it adds another box, a passive might just do the trick for now.
    The 306 has high input sensitivity, so the volume advance can be a bit abrupt with some passives, although the sensitivity is easily reduced just by changing accessible resistors.

I found the Chinese bargain basement Little Bear passive works very well with the 306. It sounded better than the Tisbury. Only one set of in/outs though.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Phil.

You have PM

I'm Alan.

Bump.
    Andrew, you have a PM.
    Sony PS-6750 Turntable, Sony CDP-X555ES CD Player, Sansui TU-717 Tuner, Vortexbox Music Server, Caiman SEG DAC with LDA Linear PSU, Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Accuphase E-302 Integrated Amplifier, PMC GB1i Speakers, MG G2000HD & G1500HD Interconnects, Van Damme 6mm Hi-Fi Speaker Cables.

Bedroom system: Squeezebox Touch with LDA Linear PSU, Quad FM4 Tuner, DCB-1 Turbo with Acoustic Dimensions switched attenuator, Quad 306 Amplifier, Rega RS1 Speakers. TV & DVD, Caiman MKII DAC with Baldwin Audio Linear PSU. MG G1500HD Interconnects, Fisual S-Flex 4mm Speaker Cables.

Back Bedroom Work Bench: Denon TU-260L Mk2 Tuner, Denon PMA-355UK Amplifier, Mission 780SE Speakers.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    Hi if you are interested I have an NVA P20 which is currently doing nothing . You are more than welcome to try it out and see what you think . I would suggest it is a good passive pre but not the very best . However it is more than good enough to spotlight the passive sound and quality . After that you can either send it back to me or we can talk about a price it will be below your lowest figure anyway . Drop me a PM if you are interested .
    I could be interested in that if the OP decides to pass on it.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Josie.

Thanks guys.

You are welcome to the NVA. I'm looking in to something else but thank you Andrew for the kind offer

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast