+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Audio Innovations S500 Mk1

I'm Don.

Default FS: Audio Innovations S500 Mk1

For sale is my lovely Audio Innovations S500 MK1 integrated amplifier with the Hinchley Transformers: 4, 8, 16 Ohm taps.*

Recently serviced and upgraded by AD Audio (David Coe). I'm the second owner. The original owner took it back to AI after six months of ownership and had it upgraded. One of the upgrades included RCA's converted to Gold ones. There are no marks on the chassis; the perspex top is clean has the original pins. Not sure what was altered inside....but as soon as I got it, it went straight to David Coe.

Works done include:

*All electrolytic capacitors were replaced with Kemets, Panasonic, and Elna Cerafine.

David Coe external Choke Mod

Removal of Balance control + Tape Switch Circuit

All contacts and valve sockets*serviced

Input capacitors removed

Input stage mod

Total service amount came to £260 + a set of new valves...*

4 x New Harma Matched EL34's £100

2 x NOS Tesla E88CC Gold pins + Red/Cross swords £110

3 x NOS GE JAN*5751*Cryo (ECC83) £90

£560 spent in total.

This S500 initially cost me £600 so sees me in for £1160

The above improvements bring this amplifier to another level! I've been very very happy with it. Why am I selling?*

I had the opportunity to buy another S500 and modify it for switchable triode mode and is currently been upgrade by Mr. AI S500 himself, David Coe.

So, if you want a completely serviced & upgraded S500, with NOS valves, and want a sublime phono stage, this is the amp for you! You won't be disappointed!

Ur welcome to pop down to North London, Hornsey for an audition. The price is £960 *

I'm Attila.

oh yeah...
    Attila

save the trees - eat beavers

I'm Don.

Trane, I didn't want to rain on your parade...

I'm Mike.

I have one of these fettled my Mr Coe, just wondering can't you get him to turn this one into triode mode or is that not possible? What are the benefits? Mine has the choke on like yours.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Don.

Hi Mike, initially I was going to keep the two, one PP mode and other one in Triode mode and pop them in different rooms. Then the Chief changed her mind, saying 1 is enough, or you can PP off!!
    So David C is making the other S500 switchable between PP and Triode mode via his impressive electronic weaving. Triode mode = 12w of sweetness. Push pull = 25ishW of 'I'll drive most speakers thank you very much.'
    I'm currently using a pair MA 3's mk2's and thanks to the B&W Kevlar mid, efficiency is about 92db...
    It's not expensive, I would contact David Coe for more info... ATB

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Cheers Don.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Hi Mike, initially I was going to keep the two, one PP mode and other one in Triode mode and pop them in different rooms. Then the Chief changed her mind, saying 1 is enough, or you can PP off!!
    So David C is making the other S500 switchable between PP and Triode mode via his impressive electronic weaving. Triode mode = 12w of sweetness. Push pull = 25ishW of 'I'll drive most speakers thank you very much.'
    I'm currently using a pair MA 3's mk2's and thanks to the B&W Kevlar mid, efficiency is about 92db...
    It's not expensive, I would contact David Coe for more info... ATB

Just a note on the triode conversion. Into my JBLs 96db sensitive or Troels Gravesen's 90db you really don't notice much difference in drive or power output. On hard to drive speakers like Tannoys it would make much more difference.

Another client asked me to do the triode /ul switch and variable feedback. WE finished it off with an internal choke modification which took a bit of engineering, as it's bloomin' tight in there! Shown below: triode /ul switch, feedback control, and internal choke mod.

I'm Don.

Looks all good David! Look forward to listening to it.

So do you guys & gals want a sweetener to buy my S500?
    I'll throw in a pair of Mordaunt Short Pageants' in almost mint condition with this sale.....were bought last year for £120!

I'm Don.

And I'll throw in the cassette player...mintish but needs belts!
    Merry Xmas.

I'm Don.

Up...reasonable offers considered...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast