+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTD - Primaluna Prologue or Evo

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Hi Rich, I see Mr Petch has also gone the Primaluna route, with separate Pre/Power.
    Indeedly doodly. I had a PL Prologue inegrated about ten years back and always regretted getting rid of it. Loving the ones i have.

I'm Steve.

I'm running a dialogue 2, hated it with kt88s but its superb with EL34s and is very responsive to signal valves tweakery. Ridiculously heavy and the remote makes a good weapon!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by brainz2000 View Post
    I have a Primaluna I am looking to move on. I’d love it to a good home as it no longer fits into the plan for our home. It is a great sounding amp.

Let me look out some details of it at the weekend and post them so you can see if you are interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just seen this... definitely let me have details when you can.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Indeedly doodly. I had a PL Prologue inegrated about ten years back and always regretted getting rid of it. Loving the ones i have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Hi Rich, I see Mr Petch has also gone the Primaluna route, with separate Pre/Power.
    Thanks guys.. the Schiit Freya + is also on my list id like to try. Did you get get one Ken?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourney View Post
    I'm running a dialogue 2, hated it with kt88s but its superb with EL34s and is very responsive to signal valves tweakery. Ridiculously heavy and the remote makes a good weapon!
    Yeh the remote like the rest of the amp is built to last, i was surprised when i got mine that there was no instructions (not that i needed them) or a pack of batteries for the remote but apart from that i couldn't be happier, the Evo400i that i have has plenty of power on tap too so should be up to the task of driving some really awkward loads.

out of interest what's your budget Rich? i ask because i didn't think i could afford mine new as it was £4600 at the time, i was interested in an ex display dialogue premium integrated, but they did me such a good deal

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Yeh the remote like the rest of the amp is built to last, i was surprised when i got mine that there was no instructions (not that i needed them) or a pack of batteries for the remote but apart from that i couldn't be happier, the Evo400i that i have has plenty of power on tap too so should be up to the task of driving some really awkward loads.

out of interest what's your budget Rich? i ask because i didn't think i could afford mine new as it was £4600 at the time, i was interested in an ex display dialogue premium integrated, but they did me such a good deal
    I'm pretty flexible on budget Mike, for the right thing... having said that i'd rather not be paying brand new dealer price and would prefer a nice nearly new or lightly used item. Hence my ask here. It certainly isn't £4.5k

I'm Tim.

Just following up - I have got mine out of storage and can share the following

PrimaLuna Prologue One - one of the original ones - fully working with a KT88 complement of valves rather than the original EL34s, but supplied with a box of spare valves for you to try Tube Rolling with (including EL34s)

I am looking for £700 collected from South Manchester where I can demo it working.

This is priced to sell but is not open for wider offers unless you don't want it RichB.

(Bourney and I have done business a couple of times if you need a reference)

More pictures can be found in the album here

Let me know if you are interested please.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by brainz2000 View Post
    Just following up - I have got mine out of storage and can share the following

PrimaLuna Prologue One - one of the original ones - fully working with a KT88 complement of valves rather than the original EL34s, but supplied with a box of spare valves for you to try Tube Rolling with (including EL34s)

I am looking for £700 collected from South Manchester where I can demo it working.

This is priced to sell but is not open for wider offers unless you don't want it RichB.

(Bourney and I have done business a couple of times if you need a reference)

More pictures can be found in the album here

Let me know if you are interested please.

Sending PM mate.

I'm James.

Are you getting into valves Rich?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Are you getting into valves Rich?
    Yes, with very little else going on at the moment the expense and inconvenience seems appealing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast