+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amplifier Recommendations

I'm Gethin.

Default Amplifier Recommendations

Looking for a second amplifier to swap into my system which has more power than my Heed Obelisk Mk2.
    I really enjoy the Heed driving my Rega RX3’s which it seems to do effortlessly even though it’s only I think a 35watt amp into 8ohms, I think my RX3s are a 6ohm speaker and appear to be easily driven.
    However I also have a pair of Reference 3A Dulcet which I think could benefit from some additional power to optimise their performance.
    I do like swapping equipment in my system, but since I sold my Naim 150x and 122x I only use the Heed.
    Having read some reviews and feedback, the Exposure 2010S at 75 Watts into 8ohm is an option, it appears though that Exposure no longer have the 2010S2D as part their current range, so it would have to be used or ex demo.
    The alternatives I’ve considered are Rega Elicit R, Hegel H90 or Naim XS2.
    I use an LP12 for vinyl and a Naim CD5X for cd, I have a Heed Questar phono stage. I prefer a neutral to rich sound with good midrange as opposed to a bright sounding system.
    I would keep the Heed but would like to sleep out the amplifier in my system from time to time.
    Any recommendations apart from the ones mentioned please ?

I'm Jostein.

The Yamaha A-S701BL or the Marantz HD-AMP1 amplifiers might cover what you need?

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...701/index.html
    https://www.marantz.com/en-gb/shop/amplifier/hdamp1

These should be very good quality for the price.
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

+ Reply to Thread