+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big up for Steve Pigmy Pony

I'm Mike.

Default Big up for Steve Pigmy Pony

Pigmy Pony or Steve as he's known everywhere else, contacted me yesterday asking if i wanted some old LP's that he's got duplicates of, i immediately said yes without a 2nd thought and he dropped them off to me tonight.

Normally when folks have offered me free LP's in the past 99.9% of them are either unplayable or not to my taste or probably anyone else's for that matter and all i am is a glorified bin man, well not only does Steve have impeccable taste in music which is very similar to my own, the records are in exceptional shape and need nothing more than a run through the RCM and a fresh inner sleeve, so a big thanks from me mate for a generous and unexpected gift.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Steve.

Thanks Mike you're too kind, and cheers for the Echo and the Bunnymen vinyl which will get its first outing when I get my soon-to-be-collected amp. Really nice set up too, those Kralks are beasts, better than I expected, and I already expected them to be great Helped no doubt by the Primaluna amp, which is also a handsome beast.
    Last edited by Pigmy Pony; 02-12-2020 at 07:16.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Good thread lads and despite the "falling out" that goes on on some forums, this really does demonstrate the good side of forums.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Mike.

100% Andy, i see a lot of folks are using the likes of facebook more and more to discuss everything HiFi and music related and to be honest i'm on there too, however you don't really have a clue who you're talking to and you find a lot of people on them seem to want nothing more than to start an argument, sites like this have a better structure i think and without wanting to open a can of worms are moderated far better, plus these are the places where you'll find out about events and bake offs which again leads to meeting other people on the forum

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Spot on Mike.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Steve.

Earlier today I drove to Blackpool to buy an amp from a fellow member of this forum, and had an interesting hour chatting about, well, everything, and hearing some quality tunes on his fabulous set up. Thanks Neil (Enrae8), a very nice man

I love coming on this forum, even though I mostly talk shite, but what I really like is getting out there and meeting real people. I thrive on it. Roll on 2021 and hopefully better times!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm neil.

I’d certainly like to second that ‘Big Up’ for Steve
    More than just a member of a forum - a genuine ‘Great Guy’ (helped me enormously when I was in a dark place)
    Great to meet him today - turns out we have a lot more in common other than a love of music and HiFi madness

+ Reply to Thread