+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for December

I'm Dave.

Default Crap weather for December

Thank f**k that November is over. I recall just 3 part days of watery Sun during the whole month and the dark, gloom and damp is getting me down.

First day of December has been mostly Sun with some light cloud.. Long may it last, though I believe tomorrow is back to cold and damp.

I'm John.

A really lovely day here with the Sun shining its happy rays and the wet, damp crap held at bay. The weather forecast is for temperatures to drop - so a good thing as the cold and dry is better than the mild and wet.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Steve.

Aw, time flies!

Wasn't the worst November I ever saw. But we move on.

Sea is beyond contemplation. 10C here.

https://www.bramblemet.co.uk/(S(3uf3...)/default.aspx

Bright enough day today, but the NW wind was chilly:

https://www.ventusky.com

3 months before the crocuses give us hope for better times.

I'm Steve.

I'm glad December is here because I can now start on my Toblerone advent calendar It's been testing my resolve for 2 weeks now
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Do the Toblerone advent calendars have fewer windows, reflecting the decision by Toblerone to have fewer triangular 'peaks' on their bars?
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Aw, time flies!

Wasn't the worst November I ever saw. But we move on.

Sea is beyond contemplation. 10C here.

https://www.bramblemet.co.uk/(S(3uf3...)/default.aspx

Bright enough day today, but the NW wind was chilly:

https://www.ventusky.com

3 months before the crocuses give us hope for better times.
    First time I have been able to do a bit of gardening and pleased to see Daffodils and Snowdrops poking their heads above the soil. Just 20 days and the days start to get longer.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Do the Toblerone advent calendars have fewer windows, reflecting the decision by Toblerone to have fewer triangular 'peaks' on their bars?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ml#socialLinks

Back to normal, but still having us over
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Toblerone is milk chocolate. Never quite warmed to itself myself. Always felt I'd break a tooth on it and it is a bit sweet.

My sister used to go skiing in Switzerland when I were a lad. Always brought back Lindt and Suchard bars and Easter eggs for her little brothers. We were spoilt to death. The eggs were stuffed full of plain chocolates rather than paper and a few chocs.

Yum. Happy days. I don't mind Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, but Nestle sell much nicer plain chocolate Fruit and Nut in France. Can put up with Belgian Truffles too. Best thing we make in England is Crunchie Bars, IMO. Cadbury's Turkish Delight seems to have disappeared.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by system7 View Post
    Toblerone is milk chocolate. Never quite warmed to itself myself. Always felt I'd break a tooth on it and it is a bit sweet.

My sister used to go skiing in Switzerland when I were a lad. Always brought back Lindt and Suchard bars and Easter eggs for her little brothers. We were spoilt to death. The eggs were stuffed full of plain chocolates rather than paper and a few chocs.

Yum. Happy days. I don't mind Cadbury's Fruit and Nut, but Nestle sell much nicer plain chocolate Fruit and Nut in France.
    Can put up with Belgian Truffles too. Best thing we make in England is Crunchie Bars, IMO. Cadbury's Turkish Delight seems to have disappeared.
    I try to boycott anything by Nestlé. Their business practices in Africa are appalling and completely unethical.

I quite like Crunchie bars (or "chocolate covered tooth decay"), but in general I much prefer plain chocolate with at least 70% cocoa solids, such as made by Lindt or by Green & Blacks.
    Barry

I'm guy.

Toblerone do a "dark" version - 50% coco solids I think, and far nicer than the milky one
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast