+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Precious moment

I'm Veiko.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    great advice
    Yes it was.

I'm Phil.

What I feel now, must be no surprise to anyone: these speakers are bright and forward, some (hissing) vocals can be sharp and tiring. In a way, these speakers attack me, and I feel I need more distance. Of course, this I expected and have no problem with. What I will have a problem with is too early to tell. What I definitely have no problem with, is the clearness, detail, glitter, vigor.

not sure about your 603 but using an arcam power amp here with bel canto pre 3 and

got a pair of B&W 607 s2 anniversary playing here now . tiny litlle things . they are very impressive for 445 quid, playing female vocals very well . not a hint , not even a peep of forwardness . just very balanced sound and very captivating . very musical and engaging

P1070344 by , on Flickr

P1070341 by , on Flickr

P1070345 by , on Flickr
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Veiko.

I truly had a problem. Listening my system around 70 db-s my hearing was compromised after about 30 minutes. So that it became pointless to evaluate anything. Then I needed rest. (I have also been taking special ear-medicine for three months now. A pill called "Tone". That was triggered in the summer, when I had two occasions when my ears really let me down. No relapse, luckily.)

And also I noticed a few things in the sound I did not like.

I thought of reorganizing the room to get some more air between myself and the speakers, but I did not get to that because beforehand I treated the wall behind me. It seemed to have a great effect. Now I can listen a long time with no problems. I also started listening laying on the couch, so directly behind my head is not the wall, but the soft couch. Great success! No damage to hearing and better sound. I suspect there were too many reflections. I plan to treat the room even more now.

I'm Phil.

wow , never knew there were pills called that !!
    Ii think we have some in UK

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

I'm wondering if the wooden wall behind the speakers is absorbing some bass and tipping the balance towards brightness. Could you swap the sofa and the TV/stereo round and see if they sound more balanced that way?

The other options are the try the speakers along the other 2 sides of the virtual square formed by your listening area. The free space side in particular would be interesting to try placing them, but you'll have the issue of one side being open and the other enclosed. This is often a problem for those that don't have symmetrical rooms but it's usually fine.

It's worth investing a day of your time to try these different locations before either changing your system again, or putting up with months or years of a bright tiring sound.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    wow , never knew there were pills called that !!
    Ii think we have some in UK

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    I think I want to try them but the link doesn't work. What's the name I'll do a search myself?

I'm Veiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I think I want to try them but the link doesn't work. What's the name I'll do a search myself?

009071_A.jpg

I'm Veiko.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'm wondering if the wooden wall behind the speakers is absorbing some bass and tipping the balance towards brightness. Could you swap the sofa and the TV/stereo round and see if they sound more balanced that way?

The other options are the try the speakers along the other 2 sides of the virtual square formed by your listening area. The free space side in particular would be interesting to try placing them, but you'll have the issue of one side being open and the other enclosed. This is often a problem for those that don't have symmetrical rooms but it's usually fine.

It's worth investing a day of your time to try these different locations before either changing your system again, or putting up with months or years of a bright tiring sound.

Thanks. I will definately try some changes I believe at the coming weekend. I will rotate the speakers in front of window (left) first, that way I defeat the opposing wall (currently) and also have more distance before and after myself.

I'm Martin.

I think your pre-amp might be the weak spot.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Veiko.

Hello!

Here is insight to the serious case of audiophilia, or atleast into what I call that way.
    The original post is almost 2 years old, and was about to mark a place to stop spending on new gear.

Well, since that time I have bought (in that order):

1) new preamp
    2) most new interconnects
    3) second poweramp
    4) new speaker cables
    5) some new power-cables
    6) new streamer
    7) Isoacoustic Gaia speaker-feet
    8) subwoofer

I also moved the whole system to a new location.
    At the time of original post the cost was around 4000 euro, now is 6500.
    The total is higher but I don't count the stuff that I have replaced.
    I do not regret it at all. In fact I think it has been good to me, it is my main hobby.

Now it is a new precious moment

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast