+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dynavector 10x5 Advice

I'm Russell.

Default Dynavector 10x5 Advice

I’ve just bought a lightly used 10 x 5 to use on my LP12.

I’ve set it up and run it through the MM input in my Pro-Ject Phono Box SE II stage as it’s high output.

I’m having to turn my Gato DIA400S up high to around half way to get any decent listening level.

So I thought I’d give it a go on the MC stage of the Phono Box and now I can’t listen to it above 12 when on MM it’s up at 50 plus.

As I’ve never used the stage in MC mode, I’ve never added any loading plugs into the available slots on the rear of the stage (image below) and being honest I don’t really know what I’m doing with it.

Looking at the specs of the 10x5 it says recommended loading impedance of > 1k Ohms but nothing on the back of the amp seems to suggest anything near this so where do I add the loading plugs and if I did would it help in either MM or MC mode?

I'm Stephen.

Check out the MC1-H SUT from Rothwell Audio (http://www.rothwellaudioproducts.co...._for_homc.html).

I have a Mission 773 high output MC (1.7 mV) and I use the MC1-H into a Rothwell Simplex MM phono stage with superb results.
    It ups the gain to better match the phono stage input so "normalising" the volume adjustment but the main improvement is vastly increased headroom translating into better dynamics and a much wider/deeper soundstage.

The MC1-H is specifically designed for HO MC carts. It's also very reasonably priced.

Andrew is a great guy to deal with and a fountain of sage advice.
    Always a little further

+ Reply to Thread