+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello AOS world

I'm Olivier.

Default Hello AOS world

My Name is Olivier
    I live in Aix-en-Provence area, France
    I'm an engineer i a semiconductor company.
    I'm found of sound reproduction since I'm a youth and still in Quest of Audio Grail after 40+ years after my Revelation, listening to a system made of Oracle Delphi turntable, Spectral pream, Krell KSA50 feeding Onken-like loudspeaker made according to French review "l'Audiophile" (Altec 416+Audax PR17TSM + Fostex T925).
    I own multiple gears and parts. I'm currently working on loudspeaker design.
    Best regards

I'm Adrian.

Bonjour Olivier,

Welcome to AoS, what genre of music do you listen to? Lots to read and chat about on here and most are friendly.

Cheers

Adrian
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Olivier.

Default Favorite music

Hi Adrian
    Difficult to say what is my favorite music. It depends highly on my mood. I can listen to rock, pop, ethnic, classical, blues... I'm quite open. Even if there is to say about sound quality, I even like Spotify playlists or proposals based on my previous choices. It makes me discover some talents I was not aware of. I'm really angry with the corner's record shop that recently suppressed the listening points with headphones. I think I didn't purchase any CD since they did that, though I really liked this format.
    What I almost never do is listening music whilst doing something else, except driving and gym. I'm so receptive to music I can't concentrate on anything else at the same time.
    Not sure I really answered your question, but this is where it drove my thoughts...

I'm Geoff.

Hi Olivier. Welcome to AOS.

Take a look around the site and join in the chat, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Olivier.

Are you a disciple of Jean Hiraga?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Leo.

+ Reply to Thread