+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings from NI

I'm Darren.

Default Greetings from NI

Howdy folks,

I've been interested in Hifi equipment since my early teens and had many different systems and component changes during the late eighties, nineties and early noughties. I sold off my 'hi-end' system in 2005 as I wanted to build a motorcycle, over a 12 year period I built a few. As I had achieved my goal where bikes are concerned and coinciding with a house move resulting in a dedicated music room I moved my attention to 'building' a new system.
    During the bike building era I still kept buying records and used an RP3 & Exact, Brio R and a pair of SF concertos and Gravis B sub which I've owned since 1998.
    I did add a TT-PSU, rewired the tonearm, alloy Subplatter and Delrin platter, all worked very well and offered good VFM.
    On deciding I wanted something a bit better I went on my past experience and bought some new and pre-owned equipment. My system now consists of:

NA Dais
    Hadcock 242se
    Shure V15-Vmxr
    Copland 301 valve pre
    Michell Alecto Monos (MK 2 , upgraded by Trichord)
    SF Olympica I
    SF Gravis B sub

Cables are from various companies, Kimber, Chord and TQ.

CD has always been very much a secondary source mainly for background listening and mostly used in my workshop/ studio.

My next steps will be to upgrade my tonearm, or rather add a second tonearm, MC and phono stage, then change my amplification and speakers.

As for music I guess most of it would be considered Rock or Pop, though mostly left field, encompassing all the different genres and sub-genres, Bowie has been my firm favourite for nearly 40 years but apart from his last masterpiece I don't listen to Jazz, I do quite like some classical music as background especially when I'm painting. I quite like some country/Americana, all in all I would say there's great artists, bands and albums from all genres of music but an awful lot of dross too.

I'm Wesley.

Welcome ..good to see another from God's own barren hifi land!

I'm Darren.

Thanks for the welcome, Wesley from Antrim? I'm originally from Randalstown, I remember Gary from Audio Audio mentioning a Wesley.

Barren indeed,lol

I'm Geoff.

Hi Darren. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the chat, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Karl.

Hi Darren it’s Karl (my_revolvers)

Welcome to the forum mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Wesley.

From Coleraine actually...know Gary well. Actually helped him out in the shop a few times. Also worked in Zeus Audio if you remember it!

I'm Darren.

Hi Wesley,

Small world, I helped Gary out a few times myself, when he did his launch/show at the record fair in Maysfield? with John Carrick (Ecosse) .
    Yes I remember Zeus well from the little shop in Hope Street and the bigger shop after the bomb. Dennis Cope was also a good friend, though I haven't seen either Gary or Denny for over 15 years.

I'm Darren.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the welcome, hope you're keeping well

Cheers

Darren

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Darren.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Leo.

+ Reply to Thread