+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arcam irDAC2 preamp issue

I'm Rich.

Default Arcam irDAC2 preamp issue

Been using this DAC with a linear psu for the last few years and I really enjoy its sound in my system. The dac has both fixed and variable rca outputs and I've only ever used the fixed with a separate preamp. Just as an experiment I decided to see how it fared as a pre with my NVA power amp.

The dac comes with a remote control I've never used and also has volume output buttons on the top. Connecting up to the power amp I only seem to get a very low output from it and despite changing the battery in the remote can't seem to get it to vary the output or switch between inputs. The NVA amp works great with both active and passive preamps so i know its not that. Wondering if maybe the IR sensor is broken or something wrong in the preamp circuit. Anyone got any experience with this DAC or willing to have a look at it for me?

Cheers
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Do the case-mounted volume buttons vary the output?

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Do the case-mounted volume buttons vary the output?
    Yes they do

I'm mick.

Hi there Rich
    I take it from the model no. it is an infra red remote,if so ,an easy way to check it is to hold it next to a radio set to MW (need not be on a station) & press and hold any button down.If the remote is o.k you should hear morse code type pulse
    cheers Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Hi there Rich
    I take it from the model no. it is an infra red remote,if so ,an easy way to check it is to hold it next to a radio set to MW (need not be on a station) & press and hold any button down.If the remote is o.k you should hear morse code type pulse
    cheers Mick
    Cheers Mick, I'll give that a go.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Most likely the remote itself rather than the receiver. They’re pretty fragile things.

Grab a One For All as a replacement, Arcam codes are in the book (1089, 1189, 1269, 1289).

+ Reply to Thread