+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speaker dilemma

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Is there not a 2 ohm also?

I can't find any measurements for the speakers but the quoted low bass response is 38Hz - no indication of what level that is at though. I wouldn't expect a decent size floor stander with twin 7 inch bass drivers to be bass-light in any room. I wouldn't rule out the amplifiers not being up to it if I were you.
    They do have a 2 ohm tap yes. I will of course try it on your recommendation. However, it is worth noting that they sounds the same with my very old MF A300 which is no slouch.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    This post should not exist then?

Have a look at how they coupled to the floor. If they are on spikes, you could be losing a lot of bass into the wooden floor.
    They are on spikes yes. I will take them out and try them without.

I'm Kevin.

Seems it could be the speakers - https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index...tmpl=component

https://www.sonusfaber.com/wp-conten...iew_112015.pdf

Although, based on the specs, I think a small sub would certainly help.
    Last edited by CageyH; 21-11-2020 at 13:00.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    They are on spikes yes. I will take them out and try them without.
    Or put something solid under the spikes.
    Kevin

I'm Kevin.

The best frequency response chart I can find - https://www.sonusfaber.com/wp-conten...20T_082015.pdf
    Kevin

I'm Adrian.

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Chameleon floorstanding loudspeakers which sound very good up top and in the middle. However, they are quite lacking in the lower registers and wonder if i should look at replacing them or adding a sub. I use Prima Luna Prologue Six monoblock power amps and know that they are not lacking in any way. The Sonus Faber's are sensitive too soo they sould have absolutely no bother driving them. Your thoughts please.
    I would advise doing what I did to help with the carpet issue, go out and buy some 40mm solid oak kitchen worktop off cut, enough for two speaker platforms, and then to improve bass control get some go these, they will isolate the speaker from the wooden floor even more, yes I know they will be wobbly but it does work!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or these

I have tried various combinations and prefer the Hudsons.

Also I would that you try this out to the letter, https://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/waspe.html

Steve have a read of my thread it may help https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ight=isolation

I now have deep full controlled bass with a much better detailed soundstage. You can always experiment with different types of rubbers isolators like I did to see which one you prefer best. Jerry who used to be on here along with a few others has tried what I suggested and were quite shocked at the improvement.

Worth a try and not expensive, before you go replacing speakers.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Martin.

They do have a 2 ohm tap yes. I will of course try it on your recommendation. However, it is worth noting that they sounds the same with my very old MF A300 which is no slouch.
    Sounds like it could be the speakers then. But nothing to lose by trying the 2 ohm.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Yes it would appear that the speakers are shite.

I'm Kevin.

For bass, yes.
    Kevin

I'm Steve.

if you like everything else the speakers do, then it may well be worth trying a sub. Or two!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast