+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello Fellow Audio Enthusiasts

I'm David.

Default Hello Fellow Audio Enthusiasts

Hi, my name is David, and I'm an Audioholic.
    I enjoy listening to Jazz, Classical, 70s Rock, 80s music, Female vocal, and some Pop.

I've had quite a few different systems, which was kind of fun, but over the last few years I became disillusioned with mixing and matching components, and I have since moved to a Naim setup which is seving me well so far.
    In the last year, I have been focusing solely on setting up a good streaming system. The sources being, Tidal and ripped CDs served from a Synology NAS. Also Internet radio.

I still have my LPs, and at some point I would like to re-setup a nice vinyl rig. I even still have a few Cassette decks and tapes, so I will add that format to my setup as well.

I first caught the audio bug, way back when the only hi-end gear I'd heard of, or seen anywhere, was McIntosh. So, that's what I bought. That would have been the early 70's when I was about 18yo. i had a good job, and I bought the Mac gear used from a dealer. Man, it sounded great.

Anyway, that's my audio experience. I've belonged to other forums in the past, and I'm always amazed at how endlessly intriuged I am when it comes to discussing almost anything audio.
    I look forward to chatting with many of you here.
    Cheers.

Dave

I'm Geoff.

Hi Dave. Welcome to AOS.

Join in the chat, there's plenty of interesting stuff going on and everybody is friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Hi Dave; Welcome to AoS.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm David.

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys.

Dave
    Naim NDS Streamer/Dac w TeddyXPS/TeddyXPS-Plus, Naim Supernait2 integrated amp w TeddyCap, Kef R107, Energy Sub, Celestion DL8, Cables - BJC, Naim, & Silnote.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dave.

McIntosh make some excellent gear, and there is something to be said in having a system whose components are all from the one manufacturer.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm David.

Thanks for the welcome, Barry, nice to meet you.
    That's it really, I'm finding the hobby to be somewhat simpler being setup with gear from the same manufacturer. I was having difficulties getting things just right with mixing and matching.
    I understand most of the associated technical stuff regarding impedances and tubes etc., but it's just easier when the manufacturer does it.
    And my system/music is sounding better now as well.
    Cheers.

Dave
    Naim NDS Streamer/Dac w TeddyXPS/TeddyXPS-Plus, Naim Supernait2 integrated amp w TeddyCap, Kef R107, Energy Sub, Celestion DL8, Cables - BJC, Naim, & Silnote.

I'm Leo.

+ Reply to Thread