+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tosh or science?

I'm Pavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Ahhh, they did but you must have missed it...

What a load of rubbish

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I thought it was an incredibly detailed, thorough and objectively presented analysis of the subtle difference between conducting current via magnetism vs electrons moving within copper.

Oh, hang on... it IS a load of rubbish.

I'm Tom.

I prefer Michael Fish's version.

I'm winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I'm guessing then that if a document or book of fiction contains pictures it is somehow accurate and truthfull..?
    I started reading it with an open mind until I got to the bit when Joseph and Mary were trying to find an Inn to stay in , I mean everyone knows it's always fully booked everywhere at Christmas!

I'm Geoff.

Did they get thread drift in the bible?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Only when the waters have risen enough.

I'm Pete.

Oh great to see the same old same old ...no its bollox etc ....

perhaps a more considered approach would be to research, experiment and then pass comment.

I was pointed to this site by an friend about 2 years ago ....my initial thoughts were, magnetism and electrical circuits don't sit happily ....

Old CRT tv used magnetic fields to direct sprays of electrons to excite the phosphor dots etc ....so I suppose they could be used to "focus / push" electrons about in conductors.

I have some truly horrible coax conductor made from silver plaited copper clad steel ptfe insulation and silver plaited copper braided outer screen ...I've used this to make ic cables on the cheap for people [who wanted cheap or nr free ic cables]. As I say these are almost unlistenable, so what better cable to try and replicate the magnetic tosh. Also the fact that it has a 3mm OD and the ring mags off amazon have a 3mm ID hole.

After some experimentation I settled on spacing the ring magnets with four mild steel washers between magnets anchoring the whole assembly in heat shrink. Not as easy as one may think as the mags all need to be aligned.

With little expectation this was connected between dac and preamp music then applied.

What the F***.....

I checked my connections ...is the signal running through other ic's ..no

repeat music play ...still hearing the same ...no the absolute best I've hear from my dac and that recording ..but getting very close

I removed them and replaced them with a set of 4n silver twisted pair ic's ...and yes sounded good but not as good as the magnet loaded spccs ic.?

These cables have visited quite a few people in the last couple of years, all have been astonished at there performance.

Lately I've been using larger ring magnets on the three cores of power cables on the recommendation of my friend whose been doing a lot of research into the effects of magnets and conductors. Yes, again the magnetic " module " does effect the sound.

Would I have believed it before I'd tried the experiment, probable not, so I have some sympathy with the knee jerker's.

As to why the addition of magnets makes such a profound difference, I've no idea, other than to point you to the explanation's on the website in question and the various patents that the company has.

I'm in the process of building a "good" cable fitted with mags and look forward to reporting the results.

I'm Pete.

which is exactly what I did !

I'm Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    You could always try it out by threading some cable through these (or similar):

https://www.first4magnets.com/counte...3598|ps_1_1259
    which is what I did ...

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by zanash View Post
    which is what I did ...
    Can I try a pair when you have completed them? (I'm being serious by the way).

Cheers
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast