+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tosh or science?

I'm bernard.

I went to a Hifi show some years back on display were a 3m pair
    Of speaker cables with a security guard standing by them
    I asked the price and was told they were £22,000 a pair
    All I could say to the guy does the security guard come with them.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by zanash View Post
    ...perhaps a more considered approach would be to research, experiment and then pass comment...
    Sorry, but for £22k I'd expect the seller to actually put valid, repeatable, scientific evidence on their website, rather than a crap little squiggle of a diagram, which my eight year old son could whip up in two minutes on Apple Pages.

They expect us to swallow their absurd claims but offer not a single graph, a single data sheet, a single response comparison - nothing. Just a grey box with white lines and a caption below each.

That makes me think that they're full of crap and aiming their product at those with way more money than sense.

If they have created a product which genuinely revolutionises the transmission of electrical signals (which is what amplifiers output from their speaker terminals) then they should be shouting about it; such a product could revolutionise industry, not least in the energy markets. At least their clients spending sh*tloads of hard earned deserve to see what the product is doing.

But no. There's none of it. Just adver-gumph, sales blah, silly pictures and absurd claims. That for me states clearly that it's exactly that and not a revolutionary product worth spending stupid money on.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345