+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this 'The End' - Beresford TC-7510

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Lookee here, another 7510 that bears the similtude of a Beresford 7510. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technolin...r/224165164373

Is this a copy or a rebadge? It sports the the logo of a company that produce many of the phono stages &c now for sale through Home Hi-Fi/Beresford [see here: http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-720.htm ]. A possible cheap solution to your quandry:
    The Technolink version is the one I started my business with. I didn't have the confidence then to sell it under my own name. So I used the already established name of my business partner. But once I registered as a limited company I started to use my own name on everything that I had designed. Mind you, it works both ways. My business partner uses his brand name and model number on some of my designs.

Quote Originally Posted by smg1965uk View Post
    After over 13 years my Beresford TC-7510 has developed a fault. The right channel has slowly been showing signs of distortion which is now a permanent presence rendering the unit un-listenable.
    The distortion is apparent via the units headphone socket and when being fed via an amp to speakers using coaxial or optical input.

Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be?
    Is it worth fixing?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    The DAC chip is breaking down. Those chips aren't made any more.
    Have a look at my TC-7535 Caiman SEG. There is a forum member discount on it as well. PM or email me if interested. I am not on the forum so much these days due to some issues between my browser security settings and the forum pages. It is a pain in the neck to read the pages at times.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I am not on the forum so much these days due to some issues between my browser security settings and the forum pages. It is a pain in the neck to read the pages at times.
    Hi Stan, hope you're well, mate. You should've said. Exactly what issues are you having and which browser are you using?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by simon e View Post
    I have a Bushmaster 2 I maybe looking to move on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You have a PM!

I'm Jostein.

If you use Firefox or Chrome, an upgrade to the latest browser version should usually fix security issues.
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    The DAC chip is breaking down. Those chips aren't made any more.
    Have a look at my TC-7535 Caiman SEG. There is a forum member discount on it as well. PM or email me if interested. I am not on the forum so much these days due to some issues between my browser security settings and the forum pages. It is a pain in the neck to read the pages at times.
    Thanks Stan for the info!

I'm Jo.

Then someone got a bargain, Stan. I nearly took a chance on it myself but my current roster of Beresford boxes runs to two Caimans, two Capellas, and an TC7420.

I'm Peter.

Could it be the volume pot? Maybe a good spray out would clean it up.

I'm Gary.

Stan's a straight shooter, and one of the Good Guys.
    Helpful, genuine bloke, always coming from a good place.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Stan's a straight shooter, and one of the Good Guys.
    Helpful, genuine bloke, always coming from a good place.
    I would have to agree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12