+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this 'The End' - Beresford TC-7510

I'm Steven.

Default Is this 'The End' - Beresford TC-7510

After over 13 years my Beresford TC-7510 has developed a fault. The right channel has slowly been showing signs of distortion which is now a permanent presence rendering the unit un-listenable.
    The distortion is apparent via the units headphone socket and when being fed via an amp to speakers using coaxial or optical input.

Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be?
    Is it worth fixing?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

I'm Kevin.

Unless it is something simple, it is probably worth getting a new DAC from Stan.
    They are not expensive, or keep your eyes open for a second hand one.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    Unless it is something simple, it is probably worth getting a new DAC from Stan.
    They are not expensive, or keep your eyes open for a second hand one.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I bought the TC-7510 as the built in dac for my Sonos ZP80 is terrible (what I'm putting up with at the moment). It made a massive difference when listening through the Densen Beat 100 Amplifier I had at the time.

I'm Jo.

Default Uncanny.....

Quote Originally Posted by smg1965uk View Post
    After over 13 years my Beresford TC-7510 has developed a fault. The right channel has slowly been showing signs of distortion which is now a permanent presence rendering the unit un-listenable.
    The distortion is apparent via the units headphone socket and when being fed via an amp to speakers using coaxial or optical input.

Anyone got any ideas what the issue might be?
    Is it worth fixing?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
    Lookee here, another 7510 that bears the similtude of a Beresford 7510. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technolin...r/224165164373

Is this a copy or a rebadge? It sports the the logo of a company that produce many of the phono stages &c now for sale through Home Hi-Fi/Beresford [see here: http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-720.htm ]. A possible cheap solution to your quandry:

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Lookee here, another 7510 that bears the similtude of a Beresford 7510. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technolin...r/224165164373

Is this a copy or a rebadge? It sports the the logo of a company that produce many of the phono stages &c now for sale through Home Hi-Fi/Beresford [see here: http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/tc-720.htm ]. A possible cheap solution to your quandry:
    I wonder if it's the same under the hood?

I'm Jo.

I wondered too.

I'm Jo.

Why not message the seller and ask him to take a photo with the hood off, then you could compare yours with the picture? Looks like a private vendor (not me BTW!).

I'm James.

Why not get in touch with Stan?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Why not get in touch with Stan?
    I don't want to bother him with a 13+ year old piece of kit and also I suppose getting something a bit more up to date is probably better.
    I just thought there might be an obvious cause and solution, replacement (something), which I could solder in myself.
    Maybe someone has a Beresford (?) DAC to sell on the forum?

Cheers!

I'm Simon.

I have a Bushmaster 2 I maybe looking to move on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast