+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Checking back in...

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Rich, often think of you way back at that NEBO when you popped on Agnes Obel very late in the evening on a mash up system.

Great laugh and great introduction to a superb artist - thanks.

Good to hear from you.
    Hi Jimbo! Back in the good old days when people could congeratate for music and drinks and laughs. May they be again.

Another cruel twist to this all was I had a ticket to see Agnes at the Whitley Bay playhouse just as this whole virus thing was kicking off. I'd been looking forward to that too. Now rescheduled to Sept next year.

Like so many other plans this year scuppered.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Alright mate, good to see you here again, though can say the same, don’t spend a great deal of time on forums these days.

Any ideas where you’re going to go with the system?
    I'll maybe pick your brains on a few things Ali, 95% of my listening these days is streaming and downloads so the digital front end will be import. Vinyl may not have a place in it any more. (Sacrilege to many I know).

You know the space I have to work with and i'd like to increase the 'scale' of it, without necessarily increasing the volume or footprint.

Have a few ideas about that.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I’ve recently gone the way of some really good headphones, which I run direct from my OTL amp with brilliant results.

Keep meaning to post about what I’m up to but never get round to it lol.

BTW folks, any of you who are Pink Floyd fans need to get yourselves up to the North East once all this crap is over and get a listen to Prism, who Rich plays with. Great Floyd tribute band.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by ali tait View Post
    i’ve recently gone the way of some really good headphones, which i run direct from my otl amp with brilliant results.

Keep meaning to post about what i’m up to but never get round to it lol.

Btw folks, any of you who are pink floyd fans need to get yourselves up to the north east once all this crap is over and get a listen to prism, who rich plays with. Great floyd tribute band.
    what about the f...in krell man??????????????????????

Lol
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Haha can’t pick that up until after the lockdown mate. Then I’ll need to give it a full rebuild. :-)
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome back Rich.

Not sure if I met you at the AoS get-together in 2017, but welcome back to the fold anyway.

Oh and BTW, it is now OK to mention and discuss NVA products.

Continue to enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Dave.

Hi Rich, great to see you back. I pop in when I can. Super busy surprisingly with all the crazy stuff going on.
    Hope to catch up with you both, Ali and John B in several months time, usual place.
    Cheers Dave
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hope so Dave, look forward to a beer!

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Dave.

A beer? Come on Ali, you know there will be more than one.... One arm Rich who runs the bar was in a bad way recently with the bends, he was diving on a wreck in Cyprus.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome back Rich.

Not sure if I met you at the AoS get-together in 2017, but welcome back to the fold anyway.

Oh and BTW, it is now OK to mention and discuss NVA products.

Continue to enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Hi Barry, yes I recall we met at the get together Macca organised. Was a good day that. Hope you are keeping well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast