Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
Could anyone help me please I am have a ZyXEL nsa320 nas that I want to install LMS and Spotify on to it .I want to steam my flac files on it and also access squeeze box radio with a Squeezebox Classic (SB3) .
The firmware is v1.70 but for some reason I can not add any apps to the nas from what I have found out I need firmware v2.20 that ZyXEL no longer list to download I have searched for it but I have had no luck finding it .
So any ideas how I can get around this please ?

Gerry
The NSA320 is obsolete and no longer supported by Zyxel, which is why you can't get further updates for it.

Spotify changed the way they deliver their service back in 2017.
Spotify access via www.mysqueezebox.com was pulled because there was no way to support Spotify access from www.mysqueezebox.com . This route was the preferred way to do it when it did work.

A new app was written to access Spotify.
The app is called "Spotty".
The NSA320 cannot run Spotty because its processor isn't up to the job.

The NSA320 processor is not capable of running a fully fledged version of LMS - the version pulled in from Zyxel had all the heavy lift, processor hungry bits removed.

There is a way around things.

Get a Raspberry Pi, install piCorePlayer on it, and run LMS from the RasPi.
You can set LMS to access the NSA320 for your local library, and because the LMS version will be up to date it will happily run the Spotty app.
It's the only option you have, other than running the latest version of LMS on a fully fledged computer.

I went the RasPi route following Spotify's changing of their method of delivery, and it runs like a dream.
It has been reliable too.