+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idiots guide to set up a nas

I'm gerald.

Default Idiots guide to set up a nas

Could anyone help me please I am have a ZyXEL nsa320 nas that I want to install LMS and Spotify on to it .I want to steam my flac files on it and also access squeeze box radio with a Squeezebox Classic (SB3) .
    The firmware is v1.70 but for some reason I can not add any apps to the nas from what I have found out I need firmware v2.20 that ZyXEL no longer list to download I have searched for it but I have had no luck finding it .
    So any ideas how I can get around this please ?

Gerry

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Can you put it on the latest firmware to get the apps?

https://www.zyxel.com/support/Suppor...earchZyxelTab2

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Could anyone help me please I am have a ZyXEL nsa320 nas that I want to install LMS and Spotify on to it .I want to steam my flac files on it and also access squeeze box radio with a Squeezebox Classic (SB3) .
    The firmware is v1.70 but for some reason I can not add any apps to the nas from what I have found out I need firmware v2.20 that ZyXEL no longer list to download I have searched for it but I have had no luck finding it .
    So any ideas how I can get around this please ?

Gerry
    The NSA320 is obsolete and no longer supported by Zyxel, which is why you can't get further updates for it.

Spotify changed the way they deliver their service back in 2017.
    Spotify access via www.mysqueezebox.com was pulled because there was no way to support Spotify access from www.mysqueezebox.com . This route was the preferred way to do it when it did work.

A new app was written to access Spotify.
    The app is called "Spotty".
    The NSA320 cannot run Spotty because its processor isn't up to the job.

The NSA320 processor is not capable of running a fully fledged version of LMS - the version pulled in from Zyxel had all the heavy lift, processor hungry bits removed.

There is a way around things.

Get a Raspberry Pi, install piCorePlayer on it, and run LMS from the RasPi.
    You can set LMS to access the NSA320 for your local library, and because the LMS version will be up to date it will happily run the Spotty app.
    It's the only option you have, other than running the latest version of LMS on a fully fledged computer.

I went the RasPi route following Spotify's changing of their method of delivery, and it runs like a dream.
    It has been reliable too.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm gerald.

Cheers Chris I have a pi set up so I try it the way you have said ,Another question could I control it off a tablet or phone as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Cheers Chris I have a pi set up so I try it the way you have said ,Another question could I control it off a tablet or phone as well ?
    The short answer is yes.
    You'd need an app on the device to do it.
    Here we use Android devices so we use Orange Squeeze.
    Apple stuff would need something like iPeng.

There are a couple of specifics to setting LMS to integrate with the NSA320, so give me a nudge when you're ready.
    Chris

I'm Andrew.

With regards to the control of LMS and your players only please remember that if you load the Material Skin plug in and use that then any device , tablet , PC , Phone Smart Tv in fact anything that can connect to the internet will be able to give you the control you need . All you need to be able to do is to enter the IP address 192.168.1.LMS IP address:9000 and away you go this means it works with any OS Mac / Windows/Android /Apple . If you are using Android for phone or tablet there is a free App Squeezer which works well . Sorry do not have anything Apple .

I'm gerald.

Thanks all got it up and running wit the pi I have got access to the music on the nas and spotify working . I run out of time to set my phone up tomorrows job using android .
    My only glitch is for some reason I lost the main page to control the volume guess it is a skin problem but more than happy with the sound of the flac files .

So thanks all for the advice
    Gerry

Do you have 2 LMS servers on your network now?
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread