+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fiio M3 Pro

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks Mike, but see above. Any reccos must be, NOT for phones (as he's happy with the one he's got, just as a phone/camera), but dedicated music players that can access his Spotify account

Marco.
    Here you go

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-M6-MP3...5105567&sr=8-3

"The M6 is the third product from FiiO based on the Samsung Exynos 7270, So we are able to make the it as sleek as contemporary smartphones. And the M6 is prepared for the future now with its built-in Wi-Fi and full Bluetooth format support. With the M6, users with iOS devices can simply Beam their music to the M6 via Airplay to quickly and conveniently play songs in excellent Quality. The M6 comes with dual-mode Bluetooth 4.2 and supports virtually all Bluetooth formats: apt-X/apt-X HD/LDAC/hwa/SBC. With a large battery capacity of 1200mAh, the M6 can playback music for more than 13 hours, and last in deep standby for more than 26 days. Through the Type-C connector, with the M6 you can: charge it, transfer data to and use it as a USB DAC for your computer, and even use it as a USB digital jukebox through USB audio output to other devices."

From FiiO site https://www.fiio.com/m6

Note:- Although this may be obvious to some, the user will need a Wifi service to connect to be able to stream from Spotify, TIDAL etc using the M6. So out and about usage may be limited, unlike a Mobile phone that can use 4G or 5G if enabled.

alternatively the higher spec M9 is very nice spec, but is a little over budget. https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-M6-MP3...5105567&sr=8-3

From this page https://www.fiio.com/m9

"Incredibly fast with a deeply customized OS

In the heart of the M9 lies the Android operating system, deeply customized by FiiO. This allows you to navigate through menus at an astonishing speed and with amazing ease due to the carefully thought out customized user interface.

Also, apps for popular streaming services including NetEase Cloud Music, MOOV, Tidal and KKBOX are pre-installed to allow even more ways to listen to music.

*Can install whitelisted third-party music streaming apps

*Whitelisted apps: NetEase Cloud Music, MOOV, Tidal, KKBOX, Spotify, Qobuz, Roon, Deezer, JOOX, ES file manager, Bandcamp, and Sony headphones."
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

“Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Steve.

Or you can use a Fiio BTR3 and Bluetooth from the phone. It's a great little DAC and Headphone amp.

I'm David.

I have the Shanling M0. Great little unit for the price, sound and features. Only gripe is it is a bit small and can be fiddly to operate. I think the only ones that directly link to the internet and stream Spotify are the more expensive ones, eg £500+ But as I want a standard player to be able to work with the internet, that is why I use it standalone. If I want to stream I will my phone etc.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    Or you can use a Fiio BTR3 and Bluetooth from the phone. It's a great little DAC and Headphone amp.
    I'm using a BTR5 for portable use. They are very good and not overly expensive. Can connect as a USB dac or Bluetooth. Didn't feel like I was missing too much when we were away paired with shuoer tapes, which isn't usually the case.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
    Rob

I'm steve.

I've been using a Fiio M3 Pro for the last 3 months and I've been highly impressed with it, for the money I think it's excellent, it isn't a streamer though it's purely a digital music player although it does have the facility to work as DAC although I've never used it as such. Replaying my own digital music library the sound quality is definitely superior to what you would achieve with a smartphone, my M3 Pro certainly has the edge over my iphone 6S for replay quality. It takes any capacity micro SD card, I've got a 200GB card in mine which holds all my digital music files in FLAC and Apple Lossless and it can even handle DSD although from my own tests I didn't notice any difference from 24/96 hi res even though the files are massive, if the streaming facility is paramount you will need to look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123