+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member.

I'm Russell.

Default New member.

Hi, like minded Hifi Nuts. I've been told I must introduce my System as well as myself. Here goes... Technics 1200GR, 2m Black, AT440mlb, Graham Slee Era V. Marantz SA8005. Schiit Freya with EH 6SN7. Schiit Vidar x2 as Monoblocks. Tannoy XT8F. A good sturdy, sand-filled Rack, with granite slabs, an Atacama wall shelf for the TT. DIY Belden power cables, and DIY solid core ICS.Van damme LCOFC 9awg speaker cable. Titan Audio power strip. Bedroom System is a Yaqin MC13S integrated valve amp, Musical Fidelity X-RAY, and KEF Q700S, with Atlas Equator ICs and 12awg Van Damme. DIY Belden power cables, Tacima conditioner. I've had a love/hate relationship with Equipment over the last 30 yrs, but having owned the current setup for a couple of years, I am more than happy, and have no plans to change anything. Musical tastes are Rock, Electronic, Reggae, Dance, and everything inbetween, if it's well produced, the chances are I will listen to it. Looking forward to future debate and contribution. That's it for now. Cheers, Russ. (55 Yrs, Motorcycle maniac!)
    Last edited by KAWASAKI ADDICT; 11-11-2020 at 06:33.

I'm Steve.

Good morning Russ, welcome to AoS. Some nice gear you have there, and England's a lovely part of the world, I once went there for my holidays Tell us a bit about your motorbike, there's a few bikers on here.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Hello Russell. Welcome to AOS.

Get involved and chat with the members, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Indeed, get involved.

Not many people know this, but Kawasaki Heavy Industries built the Kawasaki Fighter Bomber of WW2. Created early havoc alongside the Mitsubishi Zero Fighter.

In later more peaceful times they built and still build exciting but dangerous motorbikes.

To flog them in the US, they called in US advertising consultants.

One of the proposed slogans to boost sales was "Kawasaki: The people who brought you Pearl Harbour."

They didn't actually run that one.

I'm Russell.

Thanks for the welcome! My bikes are a ZX9R C1, ZX6R J1, ZZR600 H10, and a VFR750 FL. The 9R is in my kitchen for a winter overhaul, the Zzr is prepped for a respray soon. The VFR only gets out occasionally, but love it. My daily ride is the ZX6R. I often go around the SW peninsula, and tour the Welsh coast when I have the time. Apart from that, I like my AV system, but Stereo is my vice!

I'm Steve.

The one I always fancied was the Kawasaki KH-500.

Monster of a bike. An unbalanced two-stroke triple with wretched fuel consumption, a terrible frame. Spit you off on a corner. Do a tank wobble at 100 mph.

What's not to love if you like living dangerously.

I wretchedly turned it down in favour of a boring and more sensible Honda. But possibly why I am still alive.

I'm Russell.

Most modern machines have way more power than anyone can use on the road. That's why I'm not tempted to go for Blackbirds or 'Busas etc. I much prefer a lighter, agile bike that has more usable power. The roads around Plymouth are excellent for such bikes. I live a stones throw from the infamous Torpoint Twisties. A nice place to be.

I'm Steve.

Last bike I rode was a Suzuki Katana.

A mere 250cc, and overweight IMO.

Everybody else thought it was great. But I thought it was slow and dangerous.

You need a bit of blip on the throttle to keep you out of trouble.

I'm Russell.

Should've got your hands on an RD250!! The bike responsible for reducing engine capacity to 125 for learners! Completely Bonkers!

I'm Russell.

Hi Pigmy Pony. I see you have a Yaqin Phono stage. I have the 23b that I like to plug in occasionally to use with AT440MLB. My favourite valves for female vocals are the Long plate JJs,(more so than PSVane or EH). What do you think of it, and what ax7s do you prefer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast