+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mounting distance for Mayware tonearm

I'm Mike.

Default Mounting distance for Mayware tonearm

From Vinyl Engine website mounting distance for the Mayware Formula IV tonearm is given as 209-215, the manual that came with the arm tells you 209mm, but later states 'For large enough turntables, arm can be mounted at 215 mm from spindle', as if this is preferable? Confused.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Anyone?
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Adrian.

I looked in the vinyl engine and there is a Mayware Formula IV mkIII and mkIV, there is a downloadable template which has the distance spindle to pivot as 211.75mm, which is also the distance specified for the mkIV.

Hope that helps
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Dave.

As above. I believe they used the Rega mounting distance and hole size.

I'm Mike.

Thanks, its just the Mayware instructions said 211.75, then mentioned 215 as if it were preferable, confusing.

IMG_20201110_210556910 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145505522@N02/
    Last edited by Mikeandvan; 12-11-2020 at 23:00.

I'm Dave.

That looks like a compromise to enable the arm to fit turntables which are smaller. 222mm is the preferred distance.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    That looks like a compromise to enable the arm to fit turntables which are smaller. 222mm is the preferred distance.
    So it states 209, then 215, but the rest of the web says 211, and now 222? Does it even matter!

+ Reply to Thread