+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hifi or professional cd player - please advise

I'm Srdja.

Thank all of you for your help.

I think I will go for a new player but @Macca, if it's not a bother for you, please recommend some used models, 200 - 300e.

Thanks

I'm Srdja.

Thanks hornucopia, but out of my price range.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by fuyshe View Post
    Thank all of you for your help.

I think I will go for a new player but @Macca, if it's not a bother for you, please recommend some used models, 200 - 300e.

Thanks
    You won't go far wrong with one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-SCD-...sAAOSwsYBfk0GF

XB790 QS and XB920 and XB930 are also good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Srdja.

Thank you.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The Pioneer PD-S*** series of players are superb. Uber-solid stable platter mechanisms which were also used in Teac and Esoteric players. Great sounding, well made and reliable. Add a DAC as funds allow and you have an even more superb player.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264886347392

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154053800436

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193698009255

I'm Robert.

What he said. I really like the Pioneer cdp sound
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Martin.

Two problems with those Pioneers - the build quality is significantly below the Sony QS range and the laser lenses have a habit of falling out. But they are good sounding I agree.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Two problems with those Pioneers - the build quality is significantly below the Sony QS range and the laser lenses have a habit of falling out. But they are good sounding I agree.
    Build yeah, only cause those are not one the Urushi Elites like the PD-91, built like tank!

And again, yep, brittle old glue detaching len's is a known prob on some of the Pioneers, if you dont avoid bumping them about or transport with care. (Although I am aware of lens's becoming detached on other cdp's )
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Build yeah, only cause those are not one the Urushi Elites like the PD-91, built like tank!

And again, yep, brittle old glue detaching len's is a known prob on some of the Pioneers, if you dont avoid bumping them about or transport with care. (Although I am aware of lens's becoming detached on other cdp's )
    Yesh the 91 is in a higher league, but they seem to be fetching around £800 or more which is just too much
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

For a professional CD player hard to beat the Technics SLP1200 for build or sound:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-T...YAAOSwHqdfZrfh

But I've had 3 now and they all went faulty so can't recommend.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast