+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doing it with models again

I'm Ian.

Default Doing it with models again

Had a break from model making, what with the house move and some health issues but fancied doing something a bit different and more involved.
    I found a scale model kit of the Sherman tank Fury from the film of the same name. It's a really good representation of the tank with loads of extra details from the film. It didn't come with the crew so I bought US tank crew in the same scale. I wanted to make a diorama, not made one before. I made this one from scratch, I'm very pleased with it for a first attempt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Lawrence.

Really like that, it captures the atmosphere of a tank crew taking a well deserved rest nicely.

I used to paint really small figures and models (6mm rather than 25mm) but was always jealous of people who could do the weathering and realistic wear and tear on larger ones.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Brilliant!
    Lots of patience and skill there.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

great paint jb too with the shadowing etc
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Nowhere near in Ian's league but I used a bit of artistic licence with the Dodge Charger from Fast & Furious by taking the engine out to fit in with the 'stang (and yes I know the wheels are still wrong)

I'm Ian.

Great stuff Roy. Making changes and making the model your own is brilliant. I could have made a mint, out of the box factory finished version of the Sherman but adding the diorama and the heavy weathering bough the scene to life for me and as Lawrence said there is a feeling of a war weary tank crew taking a break. I really need to practice figure painting, it's really hard to get right. I'm about to start something very different using a model I made some time ago, repainting it, weathering and making a diorama for it.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Great stuff Roy. Making changes and making the model your own is brilliant. I could have made a mint, out of the box factory finished version of the Sherman but adding the diorama and the heavy weathering bough the scene to life for me and as Lawrence said there is a feeling of a war weary tank crew taking a break. I really need to practice figure painting, it's really hard to get right. I'm about to start something very different using a model I made some time ago, repainting it, weathering and making a diorama for it.
    Thanks Ian, not a patch on what you've achieved and I'll look forward to seeing your future projects.

There were plenty of Mustangs available but all the Chargers were different scales (or there were a couple of Franklyn Mint examples at 3-400 quid!). Didn't make a big effort to fill the hole in the bonnet where the blower used to poke out, it's just a bit of corn flake box coloured in with a sharpie

I'm Ian.

My latest creation. A Russian Typhoon class sub, the largest sub ever built and the star of The Hunt For Red October.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Your painting skills are amazing Ian. You really capture the weathered look superbly well.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Ian.

Thanks Andy. Previously my models were like out of the box factory fresh but the weathering and shading brings things to life. The dioramas are a new thing for me and really stretch the imagination. I also treated myself to a good quality airbrush which makes such a difference.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast