+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS Jolida GlassFX Tube DAC III

I'm neil.

Default FS Jolida GlassFX Tube DAC III

For Sale my Jolida DAC
    lovely bit of kit - in great condition
    I bought this direct from Robert (Opendoor)
    It’s not had a great deal of use as I only really used it to warm my amp valves up with a laptop for an hour at a time - I don’t use my system much either
    I have the original box and packaging
    It has the original Tung Sol valves - very little use as I suffer from tube rolling madness

Looking for £350 + postage - I can’t seem to find many completed sales
    I’m in Blackpool
    It is stock exactly as it was made

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm neil.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm neil.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm neil.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm John.

Am surprised its in standard trim having sourced it from Robert. He usually pimps the hell, out of them before he releases them into the wild.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk
    Money may not make me happy.
    But it helps me afford the kind of misery I prefer.

SYSTEM 1:

Analogue.
    Brinkmann Bardo / 12" OL Enterprise Mk4 / Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum /BigBottle mk3 /MFA Baby Reference Pre/Nord One UP SE NC500M/Martin Logan Summit

Digital.
    Docet Lector CDP-7TL mkiii/Pimped Bluesound Node2 + BOTW SBooster Lps/ Pimped Mk1 Jolida Fx Glass DAC.

Wires etc.
    Audioplan Musicable ICs & TQ Black ll SC, assorted branded kettle leads.
    Target TT shelf & Alphason 5 shelf rack.
    Power Inspired AG1500S mains regen.

SYSTEM 2: Back to the 80s.

Garrard 401, RB250, A&R P77Mg / Mk1 Marantz CD63 SE / Sony TC-FX150 / Sansui T500L / Cambridge Audio C50 + 2x A50 as bridged monos (mid 80s Stan Curtis's design) / or KEF 104ab/ Original 80s Monster Cable IC, DNM SC / Target 5 shelf rack.

SPARE KIT:
    A&R E77Mg
    Ortofon 2M Silver + Blue stylus
    Philips CD600
    Arcam Alpha 8P
    Pro-Ject DacBox S FL
    CCA
    FiiO Taishan
    Heybrook HB1 S2
    Q Acoustics 3050

I'm neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Am surprised its in standard trim having sourced it from Robert. He usually pimps the hell, out of them before he releases them into the wild.

I bought this early on when the III had just come out - before he started pimping them
    I did have an amp off him prior to this which had lots of upgrades
    I have to say this DAC sounds very nice as is - I never felt the need to mess with it as I don’t really have a Digital source

I'm Grant.

lovely looking dacs these and told they sound very good too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

Yes, I have the previous incarnation mark 2, and its really a lovely dac, so no doubt this is even better.

I'm John.

I have the Mk1, and it's the 1st dac I've had where I noticed a significant difference when partnered with my Node2. I've since had it pimped by Robert which has taken it to a whole new level. When I tried and RME and Quetest the differences against the Node2 were minimal to my ears, the Jolida is a non-fatiguing, very analogue sounding dac.

Money may not make me happy.
    But it helps me afford the kind of misery I prefer.

SYSTEM 1:

Analogue.
    Brinkmann Bardo / 12" OL Enterprise Mk4 / Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum /BigBottle mk3 /MFA Baby Reference Pre/Nord One UP SE NC500M/Martin Logan Summit

Digital.
    Docet Lector CDP-7TL mkiii/Pimped Bluesound Node2 + BOTW SBooster Lps/ Pimped Mk1 Jolida Fx Glass DAC.

Wires etc.
    Audioplan Musicable ICs & TQ Black ll SC, assorted branded kettle leads.
    Target TT shelf & Alphason 5 shelf rack.
    Power Inspired AG1500S mains regen.

SYSTEM 2: Back to the 80s.

Garrard 401, RB250, A&R P77Mg / Mk1 Marantz CD63 SE / Sony TC-FX150 / Sansui T500L / Cambridge Audio C50 + 2x A50 as bridged monos (mid 80s Stan Curtis's design) / or KEF 104ab/ Original 80s Monster Cable IC, DNM SC / Target 5 shelf rack.

SPARE KIT:
    A&R E77Mg
    Ortofon 2M Silver + Blue stylus
    Philips CD600
    Arcam Alpha 8P
    Pro-Ject DacBox S FL
    CCA
    FiiO Taishan
    Heybrook HB1 S2
    Q Acoustics 3050

I'm neil.

Thank you -Grant ,Brian and John
    It is a very analogue sound - and upgradable
    I just don’t use it much at all - probably less than 10 hours in the last 2years what a waste

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast