+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cocteau Twins

I'm Mike.

Default Cocteau Twins

These seem to have bypassed me in the 80s and 90s but I am just discovering their ethereal sound now and am looking to start purchasing their back catalogue.

If anybody on here has any of their LPs on vinyl and is looking to sell on then please let me know.

Thanks

I'm Loz.

Hi Mike

Most of their LPs have been reissued in recent times. Variable in sound quality some of them but not too bad. I'd be inclined to stick to earlier pressings. The singles/EP's they released feature some of the strongest material in my opinion. I'm a big fan. Fell in love with them in 1982. The last two records didn't really grab me however. They'd lost their edge by that time I felt. Still, a much loved band by many

I'm Pavel.

I think I have all of their albums on vinyl, some of them on ultra-rare post-Soviet pressings (e.g. bootleg Latvian LPs from 1992 which sound surprisingly good). The modern pressings are not bad at all, e.g. the deluxe version of Milk & Kisses on white vinyl sounds gorgeous even though usually I find coloured vinyl noisier than the regular black stuff.

I'm Lawrence.

Garlands was one of my favourite albums in my Goth period.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread