+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Funk Firm Houdini review

I'm Kevin.

I bought and paid for mine.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

My honest feeling is that it's another fad / gizmo / snake oil, call it what you want, already i've seen it has mixed reviews nothing decisive one way or the other and i know our hobby is based on our own flawed perceptions, but like many other things like this I can see this fading away into the mists of time, i'll try one when i can get one at a more sensible price, either 2nd hand or when Funk Firm come to their senses and start to charge a reasonable price for these things.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    My honest feeling is that it's another fad / gizmo / snake oil, call it what you want, already i've seen it has mixed reviews nothing decisive one way or the other and i know our hobby is based on our own flawed perceptions, but like many other things like this I can see this fading away into the mists of time, i'll try one when i can get one at a more sensible price, either 2nd hand or when Funk Firm come to their senses and start to charge a reasonable price for these things.
    I'd suggest to not dismiss it until you try it. Be open minded about recommendations which have positive or even mixed feedback.

I for one don't do snake oil wonder gizmos. Never have and never will. So I hope you can take that as good grounds to at least try it.

There is science and mechanical methodology/understanding behind the product which, to me made for a good reason to try it.

Of course, everything is subjective. But from my point of view, the Houdini is now an essential part of my system and I'm very, very happy with it.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345