+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Funk Firm Houdini review

I'm peter.

so the funk is not on the directly on the tonearm should it be to get the review correct ?
    not every one will have the graphite spacer ,
    Ortofon Kontrapunkt Moving Coil cartridges are tall, and you may not be able to use the funk on the michell TT, because there is may not be enough VTA to fit it ,

I'm Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by gwernaffield View Post
    Ortofon Kontrapunkt Moving Coil cartridges are tall, and you may not be able to use the funk on the michell TT, because there is / may not be enough VTA to fit it ,
    Hence the reason that Funk sell a specially designed headshell that has a high mounting platform in relation to the tone arm plug for use in tone arms with removeable headshell. (See my photos elsewhere - 'Get your Cartridges out for the boys'.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm peter.

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    Hence the reason that Funk sell a specially designed headshell that has a high mounting platform in relation to the tone arm plug for use in tone arms with removeable headshell. (See my photos elsewhere - 'Get your Cartridges out for the boys'.
    ?

so to use this would you have to buy the head shell as well, what about the graphite block used in the review can you buy that as well?

I'm David.

Nice review and a rather special turntable if I may say so.

The Houdini is not expensive for what it does, I have SME/Graham/Clearaudio and other arms and myriads of cartridges, not found anything it does not work on yet.

Enjoy.
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Gordon.

? so to use this would you have to buy the head shell as well, what about the graphite block used in the review can you buy that as well?
    You will only require the Funk headshell if your current set-up does not allow you sufficient adjustment to raise the tonearm by around 4-6mm to retain the correct VTA. eg: my Jelco would do that without the need for the Funk headshell. (I suspect my Technics would also, but it's liable to have less movement than the Jelco).

As for the graphite block; I haven't a clue what that is there for or what it achieves, so cannot answer.

I had to use an additional weight on the Funk headshell when I used the Hana cartridge in the Houdini (see photo) because the combination was so light without additional weight that I could not set the tracking force.
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm peter.

the point was that the fact a graphite block was used in the review is the review worth taking any notice of , or to be taken with a pinch of salt ,

I'm Gordon.

the point was that the fact a graphite block was used in the review is the review worth taking any notice of , or to be taken with a pinch of salt ,
    'Tis only one review..... Look for others to decide what you want to believe. See here where there are numerous comments and reviews and no graphite block to be seen.

I'm peter.

yes i know but it is supposed to be about this review not others, which is of a device that the cartridge man god bless him first thought off, but done in a different package , at a hell of a price, it is not fair to do this,
    in my opinion ,

I'm Kevin.

I own the Isolator, as well as a Houdini.
    The devices are very different in construction.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm peter.

hi yes i know do they do the same job? , the cartridge man used tape and pegs, the funk uses nylon screws, the part is the same to me accept for the price and appearance,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast