+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Townshend Seismic Isolation Bars

I'm Stef.

Default FS: Townshend Seismic Isolation Bars

Townshend Seismic Isolation Bars for sale: Size 1 - for speakers up to 30 kg.

It is with extreme sadness that I have to put these isolation bars up for sale. I tried them against IsoAcoustics Gaia IIIs and found them to be quite a bit better. Both do similar things in terms of improvement in bass definition and extension and also soundstage and imaging. The Townshends just do this a bit more effectively.

The problem is that my wife, who usually just greets hifi purchases with an eye roll, came straight in with an emphatic "no way". It is for this reason that I have included a couple of pictures of them sitting under my Proacs in case you need to obtain planning consent (speakers are not included in the sale).

The bars are in excellent condition, just the odd mark that is covered when they're underneath the speakers.

Cost new is £999. I'm looking for £495 including insured delivery. They're pretty heavy so I imagine it will be ParcelForce (definitely not Hermes).

Links to a couple of reviews below for those who are hard of internet searching.

https://www.hifiplus.com/articles/to...-speaker-bars/

https://hifipig.com/townshend-audio-...-speaker-bars/

IMG_5444.jpgIMG_5443.jpgIMG_5440.jpgIMG_5445.jpgIMG_5442.jpg
    Last edited by This boy can wait; 01-11-2020 at 14:51.

I'm Geoff.

Please read the rules Stef. Your photos don't comply, thanks.

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...tos-in-adverts
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stef.

Geoff, if the transgression is having images that are not the correct way up I'd be grateful if you or someone could advise me on how to fix this. The images open on my computer the current way up and when the ad is viewed via the Tapatalk ap all of the images are also correctly orientated.

I can't see any way in the file upload manager or anywhere else to apply a rotation. To try to counter the rotation that has been applied upon uploading originally, I have manually rotated and resaved one of the images. This still displays in landscape rather than portrait and now displays incorrectly via Tapatalk.

Many thanks, Stef

I'm jamie.

the photo's are not big enough,over a certain price thumb nails are not acceptable.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Both right way up and full size is required. I've hopefully done it this time.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stef.

Thank you Grant!

Does it tell me somewhere on the site how to do this or do I need to go to my local library and enrol on a course on computer literacy?

I'm Grant.

you use a photo hosting site like imagur etc, or you can use tapatalk to insert images, as i did.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stef.

Thanks again Grant.

Stef

I'm Richard.

Strongly recommended. I use mine on my standmounts and floorstanders in the past to great affect. Excellent foo.

I'm Stef.

Thanks both, I've added a note to clarify.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast