+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleaning audio setup

I'm gerald.

Default Cleaning audio setup

After a long time away I have the itch again I finally wired my new passive pre amp up .
    With a lot of family and my health issues I have not kept on top of keeping my set up dust free my biggest concern is my monoblock set up I need to get one of the fine feather dusters in there to remove the dust and cob webs I am worried if the feather duster could cause any static build up and can it damage my valves ?

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I use one of these:

https://www.dunelm.com/product/exten...ter-1000166545

Extendable and static free.

I'm Gordon.

Or one of these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Body-Coll...UAAOSwtbNdjqVT

I use this in conjunction with a small vacuum cleaner nozzle quite close (being very careful) and it does the job fine.....
    Technics SL1000R, DynavectorXV1t, Garrard 401, Jelco SA750LB, Decca Reference, ATVM750SH, AT33Mono, Hana Umami Red, Reimyo CDP777, EarYoshino 912, Ear Yoshino 509s, JBLK2 SL5800s, ART Dram interconnects / speaker cables.

I'm Jonathan.

I use a combination of makeup brushes and a can of compressed air.

I'm Robert.

You'll find a microfibre cloth very helpful as they are great at lifting off dust rather than sending it in the air and about.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread