+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Giles.

Default Hi

I am a live sound engineer and bassist.
    My system is LP12, ATC & Tannoy Cheviots. I am looking for ideas for ideas for building alternative crossovers for the HPD315a's.

I'm Geoff.

Any particular reason? The standard crossovers were developed over several generations of monitor driver and are very good. A clean of switching contacts and new capacitors should have them in top condition. There are aftermarket crossovers available, but be careful what you buy should you be tempted, a change may not equal an improvement. I'd suggest keeping the original items, as resale value can be affected if they are not included in a sale.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm Geoff.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
    The word is 'valves' in this country, not tubes. Tubes are what Smarties come in!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Giles.

The come to the right place for ideas concerning Tannoy speakers - we have a lot of Tannoy enthusiasts here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Giles,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

There is no justification for taking away individuals' freedom in the guise of public safety.
    Thomas Jefferson
    The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    Thomas Jefferson
    Who will govern the governors? There is only one force in the nation that can be depended upon to keep the government pure and the governors honest, and that is the people themselves. They alone, if well informed, are capable of preventing the corruption of power, and of restoring the nation to its rightful course if it should go astray. They alone are the safest depository of the ultimate powers of government.
    Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread