+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi

I'm Giles.

Default Hi

I am a live sound engineer and bassist.
    My system is LP12, ATC & Tannoy Cheviots. I am looking for ideas for ideas for building alternative crossovers for the HPD315a's.

I'm Geoff.

Any particular reason? The standard crossovers were developed over several generations of monitor driver and are very good. A clean of switching contacts and new capacitors should have them in top condition. There are aftermarket crossovers available, but be careful what you buy should you be tempted, a change may not equal an improvement. I'd suggest keeping the original items, as resale value can be affected if they are not included in a sale.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Giles.

The come to the right place for ideas concerning Tannoy speakers - we have a lot of Tannoy enthusiasts here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Hi Giles,
    Welcome to AOS!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

+ Reply to Thread