+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dali 7 Speakers (10" bass, valve friendly!)

I'm Lawrence.

Default Dali 7 Speakers (10" bass, valve friendly!)

Lovely sounding speakers with real presence and imaging, 89db efficient with 10" paper woofers, so work very well with valve amps. The mid range domes are the same as in Ruark reference speakers like the Crusaders, so top quality.

The cabinets are 94x28x30cm with rear ports and in beech real wood veneer.

The previous owner refoamed the woofers well with replacements from Dali themselves. He also refitted the grill material on firmly with staples. There is a small repair with filler to the top edge on one, and there are a couple of small dimples on a mid range dome which I often see in this type and have no effect on the sound.

I'm only asking £295, they are a real bargain for the quality on offer, if you imagine what a big pair of Snells would sell for, which I think these are easily comparable to. I'm only selling them as I don't have a valve amp any more to let them sound their best. If they don't sell though, then I'll be going down that road.

They are in Durham and I'm not around much so unless they can be collected quickly you'd have to leave a deposit to hold them if you can wait a while.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 30-10-2020 at 00:34.

I'm Lawrence.

Meant to say the full spec and design details can be found in the manual. The impedance curve is very good for valve amps, staying mainly between 8 and 16 ohms, dropping only to about a 6-7 ohm minimum.

http://user.faktiskt.io/kraniet/DALI_7.pdf

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Bump for these, currently available for socially distanced collection.

I'm trying them with my Gainclone chip amp tomorrow, haven't been able to find a cheap valve amp. Will report back.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Sounding very nice with the Gainclone. Wish I had a valve amp

I'm Lawrence.

Too large for my little listening room up here but still sounding great. The midrange in particular is magic.

Edit: scratch that, not too large, I rolled up a pair of socks to make the ports effectively smaller and they sound great now. Will have to get some foam to make the partial stuffing more robust.

I also put some spiked MDF plinths under to isolate then from the suspended floor.

Result: Aural Magic
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 26-12-2020 at 11:14.

I'm Alan.

Nice!

I particularly love that mid-range unit, it sounded fabulous on Ruarks and better, if I may say, than other very well known dome mid units.
    https://www.abcaudio.biz/. Representing EWA audio designs by Colin Wonfor

I'm Lawrence.

Cheers Alan very true, these speakers are actually great sounding across the frequency range. The more I listen to them the more I like them.

If I had to describe the sound with reference to better known speakers, I'd say 80% big Tannoys and 20% Cerwin Vegas for the extra fun factor these have
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 28-12-2020 at 23:58.

I'm Steve.

Which type of bass driver is it? Is it a seas?

I'm Lawrence.

I think the highs and mids are, not sure about the bass but I took one off to have a look inside and they've got nice big magnets as you'd expect from the dust caps on the front. Also saw some bracing above and below the bass unit which gave me confidence in the cabinet construction.

I'm Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sounding very nice with the Gainclone. Wish I had a valve amp

Would you be interested in my valve amp Lawrence?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast