+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linn Majik Tonearm

I'm Russell.

Default Linn Majik Tonearm

Has anyone got any experience of the above?

I'm thinking of putting one on my LP12 instead of my Sumiko MMT.

I've had an Akito but preferred the Sumiko. I'd like an Ittok but a bit out my price range currently so was thinking the Majik might be a good middle ground?

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    Has anyone got any experience of the above?

I'm thinking of putting one on my LP12 instead of my Sumiko MMT.

I've had an Akito but preferred the Sumiko. I'd like an Ittok but a bit out my price range currently so was thinking the Majik might be a good middle ground?
    Hey,
    On the one hand it would give you something to do during Lockdown Pt 2, but I'd suggest waiting (get that old piggy bank out and start saving) till you can afford a good Ittok...

Maybe see if anyone has one you could have on 'loan' to test how it compares..?

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm guy.

Majik is £600, so how much is a used Ittok?

downside to an Ittok - they are getting pretty old now, so would have to have been looked after (like mine)

EDIT - just had a look, so about £700 from dealer in France:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERBE-B...MAAOSwWX1flqlR
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm Howard.

I had a similar dilemma, I've ordered a new LP12, mid spec, recently. I really baulk at the price of Linn arms, I was thinking the Majik as it's affordable, and Linn arms don't seem to get any cheaper. However while better than the previous arm (project 9cc) there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for the Majik (Jelco) arm and my dealer convinced me (with the help of specific demos) to just leave it, use my existing Basik Plus arm and spend the money on the sub-chassis/power supply instead. The consensus is that the arm is about the 4th most important thing on a Sondek (after bearing, sub-chassis, power supply) and it felt like it after I'd listened to the 'under the cover' improvements. In a few months there might be a view on the new Krane, plus I expect there will still be used Majik arms if you want them (they seem to be about £375) and perhaps Ittoks in your budget if you stretch a bit, so no harm in kicking the can down the road. If you haven't upgraded your deck elsewhere you might consider that instead, unless you've really fallen out of love with your current arm.

I'm Peter.

There's an Ittok up for sale here now if you're interested from @SteveH1960.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

+ Reply to Thread