+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New (to me) Dali 7 speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Default New (to me) Dali 7 speakers

Got these recently, I thought they must be worth a try with 10" paper bass drivers, the same mids as the top Ruark speakers of the time, and tweeters that look like the ones in Snells or early Audio Notes, all in a 3 cubic feet rear ported cabinet with real beech veneer.

Unfortunately I sold my valve amp a while ago and I think these would have been the perfect match with it, but they still sound lovely with my Inca Designs Talon amp that has a valve-like sound.

Does anyone have any experience of these, there's not much online about them?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lawrence001; 29-10-2020 at 14:13.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

No experience with them at all I'm afraid, but I have to say that they look absolutely gorgeous!

Are these of any use?

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Lawrence.

Thanks Rob that's really helpful 90db efficient is even better than I thought.

I think they look great too but I can see the cutout Dali name being an acquired taste! Just thinking about it, the writing looks a bit surreal, the Dali name originally must have been a homage to the artist as the writing style shows.

I've actually listed these in the classifieds as I don't think my SS amp does them justice.

I'm Jason.

Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries. I haven't seen an old pair like that for a long time. My Suite 2.8s were great - they do make nice loudspeakers.
    ----------------------
    Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do - you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

Wavy grooves go thru a RigB 540ML on an SL1500C. Digits stream from a cheapie CDP and a Sonos, into a Yamaha 803D driving Kralk Audio little 'uns. I used to have a Linn but I'm better now.

I'm Lawrence.

Interestingly the manual calls the company Danish American Ltd. Inc.

I wonder if they changed their name later, or this was the US subsidiary for importing the speakers over there.

PS they are currently listed in the classifieds if anyone is interested

+ Reply to Thread