+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What next for the SL1210

I'm David.

Search for a good arm on ebay or seek out a tonearm maker there are still some in business, silvernote tonearms are very good
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm gerald.

Just a small update I managed to pick up a Jelco SA750D man o man what a difference I have also used Dodo sound deading to the platter it is like fitting the last piece in a jigsaw I am like a dog with two dick`s now

I'm Ian.

Gerry, Nice to read that replacing your techie rubber fitted on the platter underside works well. Dynamat or Dodo its worth the effort .
    One of the cheapest mods and one of the most effective.
    Ian
    Technics 1200 tweaked,Ianmac Bearing,DACT DIY Phono Pre, Belcanto CD-2, Engineered Switzerland DIY Renderer, Benchmark DAC2, Hypex NCore, ATC SCM40
    2nd system --Engineered Switzerland DIY streamer, Sony CDP11,Topping D50 DAC, Hypex NCore. Kef 1point2 speakers. Ianmac Filters

I'm Andrew.

Try recapping your PCB, remove your cue light, replace your tonearm board, + loads of other stuff! The list goes on.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm gerald.

remove your cue light, replace your tonearm board
    I have done these allready on another thread I was told don`t bother with the recap as the LDA power supply is the two box system

I am now playing with a Lenco GL75 that I managed to get at a bargin price with bearing upgrade etc etc, I have managed to pick up a second platter dirt cheap to try the mod out and only other plan is to change the arm to the Jelco S arm that Lenco fitted to the Gl78Se as I can change head shells and cartridges easier plus I like the look of them .

Gerry, Nice to read that replacing your techie rubber fitted on the platter underside works well. Dynamat or Dodo its worth the effort .
    One of the cheapest mods and one of the most effective.
    Ian
    Ian for value for money replacing the rubber on the platter is a fantastic upgrade it has tightened up the sound is the best way to describe it

Since becoming medically retired in 2010 I have has to go the second hand route to get most of the extras but it shows with time and Patience you can build a really good system without throwing money at it the bargins are out there you just need to keep looking and waiting and I feel great satisfaction when things come together .

The question is do I now get a laminated plinth for Lenco to see how much better the deck can be made a friend did have a set of templates to use with a roughter but they got wet and ruined

I'm Andrew.

Here's my story, you probably done all the stuff already, I did this 10 years ago..... https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...s-some-me-time
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm gerald.

REXTON I have been going through your thread a lot of reading still to do on it .

I'm Andrew.

Gerald, I think you've pretty much done most things that I did. If you come up with something original or new then please send me a mail.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12