Hello from Ayrshire,

Nice to join the forum and to hopefully contribute to the chat and make friends.

Keen to learn about all things musical and how to get the most from the bits that play the music.

I've been collecting vinyl since the 80's, I like virtually anything and easier to say what's not my cuppa such as thrash metal, garage and hip hop ... basically stuff which assaults the ear drums. Favourites are blues rock, heavy rock and soul. Listen to a bit of jazz and a sucker for anything with a deep resonating cello.

Had an interest in turntables since I could afford one and i've been lucky to have an Alphason first, then a Systemdek iv, Xerxes mk1, Oracle, family hiatus then Raven GT, LP12 and now first DD a Denon DP80 which i'm really enjoying having discovered SPU's.

Rest of my system hasn't changed as much having gone from Musical Fidelity in late 80's to Devialet today. Always loved Harbeth speakers but I have Yamaha's too. Only recently got involved with the digital streaming thing and Qobuz, that was a steep learning curve from zero but I think i'm almost a novice level now. It's not as good as vinyl though is it?

Retired recently, enjoying hiking and fishing when not listening to music and spending time with newly arrived granddaughter - lucky for me in my household bubble as mum works.

Great to be on the forum,

Cheers,

Willie.